VAG-COM - download soft

Justcraizy

Jan 17, 2006
Hi

I bought myself vagcom. How can I download software file from car brain with it?

Any ideas?

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
you mean the performance code of the ECU?

or the diagnostic elements?

Justcraizy

Jan 17, 2006
I have some ecus available and I want to test some things with them. But for that I need to download software file from the brain. Then modify the file and then upload it back to brain.
Well basically yes I want to modify different parameters in the brain that control engine work.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
as far as i am aware, you cannot do this with vag-com, it is purely a diagnostic tool for problem solving and monitoring controllers

Justcraizy

Jan 17, 2006
Well but how do they remap the car with vag com cables?
There must be an option to download brain file
or
to modify current program in the ecu through vag com.

Both ways would be excellent.
So if any info available then please let me know.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
they use an obd cable (like vag com) but the software to read/write files is very different to vag-com and is usually quite expensive to buy, there are some on ebay but their quality is unknown

Justcraizy

Jan 17, 2006
I'm professional programmer so software is not an issue to me at all, more interested about hardware for it.
obd cable then, okey, but can you give me more hints so that I would not buy crap??

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
iv said this before but i feel the need to again just to be safe

being a progammer means diddly unless u have experience with the language used to run the engine mangment system... and im pretty sure it aint wrote iv C# or Java

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
The eingine management system will probably be written in C or C++ and then compiled using something like VxWorks. So that isn't the real problem. I would have thought the biggest problem would be trying to write code without knowing exactly what effect it will have on the car. You really need some sort of hardware spec or a lot of experience.

I would imagine it would be very easy to do something very nasty to the engine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise