Navi+ map update

Mar 6, 2023
Hi!

I have tried to read all the threads about How-to-update your maps but I can't find anything that really helps me. Hopefully someone can explain it to me here.

I have the mib2 high (nav+ If i've understood it correctly). I do not have the 6P0 code and my navigation work without an SD-card.

However my maps are from 2017, same year as the car. Tried to download the latest map-package from Seat (2018-2020 models, since 2017 wasnt an option to choose).

Formatted a 64gb SD-card to exfat and exctraced the map files as mentioned in the description. But when I put it in my car nothing happens. Went to navi->system version-> update. Says it can't find anything. (Tried both SD-slots in the car).

Maybe the map-package i downloaded isnt supported after all? Do you guys have a better option? Or am I missing something else?

Many thanks in advance!

Tell

Staff member
Have you read the resouce

and the discussion board to it

What you have is Mib2 high which Seat called a Plus unit as per your thread. Audi and Seat's they cobbled by making you buy mapcare although mapcare was never sold in the UK. The update for mib2 high is controlled the the navigation FeC.

In the resource I have given you a look up table which you can check. Abroad mapcare was sold in bundles of 3 years.

Read down from this reading "Mib2 High / Seat Plus Map Update"

In the 2019 Seat's with Mib2 high Seat gave in and put long life navigation FeCs in them. This is why I come across a few people that say "I did it".... you don't need to do that... blah, blah. Both Mib2 highs and Mib2 Standard in that model may have them.

Press your button and look it up using that table... the scientific method. You won't have life long navigation FeCs in it. You got two routes to get them DIY or find a retrofitter and part with cash. DIY is free.

Two routes for DIY you can install the 1447AIO software available on the mib2 solutions that and there is a link here. Two thread one put up by mibwiki and one in the software thread.

What the 1447AIO is, home brew software produced by a group of mib2 high enthusiasts. It will give you all the FeCs for the unit, like sports performance gauge etc etc then goes on to run the Mib2 high toolkit as the final stage. The mib2 high toolbox you can run with your existing firmware if it's known to the software. That avoids the firmware update and just gives you the ability to write additional FeCs. You get a job lot of FeCs.

That's this:

Basically it's what retrofitters would do to the unit on a work bench but this is done in the car. I've used it. Once you have used it, that's it, it's done it's job.

I documented this when I used it:

1447AIO came along subsequently and seems to work fine although with the mibsolution site being up and down at the minute might take a time to download the 1447AIO firmware. The Github toolbox will be on different servers.

Where 1447 AIO is being talked about

On map sources the international community have discovered the June 2024 release of the Mib2 high source (370), never mind what Seat puts up. That's here:

What I have installed. Works fine it is an update from 350 which is the official release. It is believed this one was laying about on Audi servers. More compact than the standard combined mib1/mib2 high release, it's mib2 high only. Audi release these files in three forms. Thus, you don't need that 64GB card !. The second link using Mega is a still live on that. As the 5 year maintenance free period comes to an end, we look at other sources. The Audi TT was fitted with Mib2 High two years after Mib3 came out, so it's considered that map updates will go on to at least 2027. Just need your life long FeCs and you are away.

Reactions: Spexxarn
Mar 6, 2023
Have you read the resouce

and the discussion board to it

What you have is Mib2 high which Seat called a Plus unit as per your thread. Audi and Seat's they cobbled by making you buy mapcare although mapcare was never sold in the UK. The update for mib2 high is controlled the the navigation FeC.

In the resource I have given you a look up table which you can check. Abroad mapcare was sold in bundles of 3 years.

Read down from this reading "Mib2 High / Seat Plus Map Update"

In the 2019 Seat's with Mib2 high Seat gave in and put long life navigation FeCs in them. This is why I come across a few people that say "I did it".... you don't need to do that... blah, blah. Both Mib2 highs and Mib2 Standard in that model may have them.

Press your button and look it up using that table... the scientific method. You won't have life long navigation FeCs in it. You got two routes to get them DIY or find a retrofitter and part with cash. DIY is free.

Two routes for DIY you can install the 1447AIO software available on the mib2 solutions that and there is a link here. Two thread one put up by mibwiki and one in the software thread.

What the 1447AIO is, home brew software produced by a group of mib2 high enthusiasts. It will give you all the FeCs for the unit, like sports performance gauge etc etc then goes on to run the Mib2 high toolkit as the final stage. The mib2 high toolbox you can run with your existing firmware if it's known to the software. That avoids the firmware update and just gives you the ability to write additional FeCs. You get a job lot of FeCs.

That's this:

Basically it's what retrofitters would do to the unit on a work bench but this is done in the car. I've used it. Once you have used it, that's it, it's done it's job.

I documented this when I used it:

1447AIO came along subsequently and seems to work fine although with the mibsolution site being up and down at the minute might take a time to download the 1447AIO firmware. The Github toolbox will be on different servers.

Where 1447 AIO is being talked about

On map sources the international community have discovered the June 2024 release of the Mib2 high source (370), never mind what Seat puts up. That's here:

What I have installed. Works fine it is an update from 350 which is the official release. It is believed this one was laying about on Audi servers. More compact than the standard combined mib1/mib2 high release, it's mib2 high only. Audi release these files in three forms. Thus, you don't need that 64GB card !. The second link using Mega is a still live on that. As the 5 year maintenance free period comes to an end, we look at other sources. The Audi TT was fitted with Mib2 High two years after Mib3 came out, so it's considered that map updates will go on to at least 2027. Just need your life long FeCs and you are away.
Thanks alot for the answer. Yeah I have been reading some articles above but it was so much info so must have missed that one. I also did not understand the whole Fec-part but now I get it.

Appreciate you took your time explaining it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members