Vagsport high intake package pros & cons

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
I would just like to say that this forum is excellent and everyone who has contributed to this thread, Nice one . I’ve decided that any re-mapping is going to have to be after a clutch upgrade so you looking at approx £900ish then remap £400ish, going to have to wait a while . ! Going to take it back to standard trim until the above can happen because I know for a fact I’m not one of those blokes, who somehow manages to be jammy and get away with it, I’m starting to notice a slight decrease in mpg, now I can accept that, if I was actually going faster lol !

Matt89

Aug 22, 2021
UK
Hi all, but of an old thread but exactly the right people to talk to by the sounds of it.
I’ve got an 18 plate Manual 300 with 40k on the clock and my clutch is slipping when I try to accelerate on the motorway from 6th gear at say 60mph.
Now I’m driving like a fairy as I’m scared of further damaging the flywheel. Is there any way of telling the damage without opening the housing up?
I’m looking at a stage 1 remap so looking at the twin friction RTS clutch as a suitable replacement but wondering if I need a new dual mass flywheel or not.
I know the stock clutch isnt up for stock power so i know I’ve got an expensive month coming up soon…..

any help will be gladly received!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi all, but of an old thread but exactly the right people to talk to by the sounds of it.
I’ve got an 18 plate Manual 300 with 40k on the clock and my clutch is slipping when I try to accelerate on the motorway from 6th gear at say 60mph.
Now I’m driving like a fairy as I’m scared of further damaging the flywheel. Is there any way of telling the damage without opening the housing up?
I’m looking at a stage 1 remap so looking at the twin friction RTS clutch as a suitable replacement but wondering if I need a new dual mass flywheel or not.
I know the stock clutch isnt up for stock power so i know I’ve got an expensive month coming up soon…..

any help will be gladly received!
Sadly till its opened up you'll never 100% know. Better budgeting for one just in case when you replace the clutvh.

Athox_84

Mar 18, 2024
Hello, I am looking at buying the VAGSport VSR Air Intake with open air intake (cone) but I own a LHD car, I am located in France and I saw that these kits would only fit RHD cars ? is that correct ? Thanks.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.