Vario RR door exploded view wanted

Oswald

I found my car on a parking lot with a HUGE dent in the right rear door and no witnesses. :censored:
I want to get the dent out myself by removing the interior from the door and 'gently' smacking from the inside out with a rubber hammer.
I was wondering if anyone can give me a manual or exploded view of the right rear door of a 2003 Cordoba Vario sdi. Any tips on how to get the dent out are more then welcome.
I'll take some pics of the dent and upload them later.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
For me.... I'd leave it to the professionals mate. You might end up making it look worse. If you do want to have a go yourself you may find the window mechanisms in the way. When I've done anything like this I have pushed as much out as I can with my hand and only used a rubber hammer and something relatively soft to act as a kind of "chisel" to bash along any creases that the dent has created (I had a thick length of nylon cut from an old kitchen chopping board - well..... it became "old" when I cut a lump off it!). You have to be so careful not to hit it too hard or you'll just create an outward dent from the inside.

If your car is in good condition have it done properly though.

coolypops

Tastes like chicken
Feb 14, 2009
The Emerald Isle
E57-10036.png

didn wrk

Oswald

If your car is in good condition have it done properly though.

The car is worth about 4900 Euro. Getting a professional to do it or even worse buying a new door would be a huge cost in relation to the value of the car.

Pushing it out by hand is probably a better idea like you said. And 'finishing' the job with a rubber hamer.

I don't mind that it would look less then perfect. But I don't want to screw up whatever's inside of the door. Because now everything still works (window and everything)

Oswald

Finally had the time to do some work on the door today.

Getting the interior out was easy. Getting the dents out is a whole different story :(

It looks better, but this one spot just keeps popping back in. I'll have my garage have a look at it. If it is repairable AND it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I may get it repaired by them.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
4900 euro isn't a small amount of cash though - I'd still say that its worthy getting a professional to take a look. Either way though, I hope you get it sorted nice and cheap! :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.