Various lighting issues

Jan 25, 2019
this morning I found that the o/s headlight,n/s/f sidelight,2out of 3 brakelights,rear indicators, no plate lights n/s outer and o/s inner side lights and reverse lights are inop. Any ideas? Thanks Dave

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
For that many to go, I would have thought fuses would be the first thing to check. But also, move the working bulb to the other side and see if it works and you really have blown that many bulbs in one go.

Jan 25, 2019
Thanks for that,however,this happened about 2 months ago and the following day it corrected itself which would rule out bulbs and fuses"................confused

Jan 25, 2019
Battery voltage is good. It starts and runs fine,I can,t see or feel any signs of water ingress it appears totally dry.i was thinking more along the lines of the body control module but again a control unit normally fails and stays failed.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You got anything you can use to scan for codes?

Jan 25, 2019
No sadly. I have arranged an auto electrician to see it but unfortunately he can’t do it whilst next Thursday I just wondered if anyone had experienced this fault before

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Have you disturbed anything under the bonnet? Could a wiring plug be slack or a plug under the fuse box, really strange that 2 of 3 brake lights are out, wiring fuses relays etc surely would put out all 3? My local autospark is shut for the weekend now otherwise I could have asked for guidance tomorrow, have you tried calling the dealer and asking if they've experienced this before.

Jan 25, 2019
Thanks for your replies. I,m 61 years old and up till 12 years ago I have always been a motor mechanic. My problem is that technology has moved on and I really do not understand some of the modern systems. The guy I have coming is really good so hopefully will be able to sort it. I will post the outcome on here when it finally gets sorted. Thanks all.

Jan 25, 2019
Hi Martiin. All connections seem good with no sign of corrosion,my local Seat dealers does not have any suggestions but as I say I will post the answer on here as soon as it is resolved. Thanks