VCDS for Exeo

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
It should be possible to have gear advice displayed in the bottom line of the FIS display too according to the german forum: http://www.seatforum.de/forum/showthread.php?t=55307&page=14

It should be in module 17 - Instrumentation , Channel 060: CAN-Databus Powertrain
By adding +2 the gear should become visible.

attachment.php

I haven't checked the above yet.

Mine had this from the factory :shrug: Maybe it's a UK thing.

Last edited:

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Had a play with a mates VCDS this evening, and managed to turn on the needles on iginition only. Also activated the 'gear' display, although I reckon it may get on my t1ts pretty soon!!!

Treid to activate the audio mute function when going in to reverse, but channel 006 is not available on my Exeo :confused:......

Nath, do you recall which chanel you used to get the digital speed read-out up on the dash?

Any other interesting adaptions that are worth documenting???? ;)

Might have a look at the A4 forums, see if there's anything that is transferable to the Exeo ;)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Nath, do you recall which chanel you used to get the digital speed read-out up on the dash?

It was in the radio adaptations, you replace the clock display with the speed display and it becomes selectable from the radio menu.

It is displayed in KPH though.

Last edited:

mcdonald

Be careful with those wiki pages. The content is not always correct for the Exeo. The standard values for example are normally incorrect. I copy/paste these pages into Word and than correct them for my car. This way I can make my 'own' manual which also act as a log because I write down all changes I've made with VCDS.

Try this page: http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...//mofler.com/foro/index.php/topic,8604.0.html

tytel

Hello to all :), is my first post on this forum,first of all please excuse my english:D I want to ask you, what changes can be made with VCDS?
Thanks.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Hello to all :), is my first post on this forum,first of all please excuse my english:D I want to ask you, what changes can be made with VCDS?
Thanks.

Your English is better than my Romanian so well done.

Just read through this thread to find most of the changes that can be made. There are some Spanish forums that you can search through using google translate. Then again you may be as good with Spanish as you are with English.

Welcome to SCN and enjoy the forum.

tytel

My mistake, i thought it talks about VCDS, not for activations with VCDS.
Thank you and glad to see you on SCN.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I found today that you can adjust or reset the service due indication. My service is actually due in 20 days and I have adjusted it to 40 days :D

You adjust it in seconds so 86400 seconds for 1 day.

Module 17 instrument cluster.

Last edited:

Jayt

Oct 5, 2007
i'm getting my exeo in a weeks time and im looking at all this vcds chat and think i can spare £80 for all it does, just one question can i "break" the car with it as i have no experience using these things. i assume its all sub divided into areas like dash and comfort etc so do you just avoid the engine managment stuff?

mcdonald

When doing an Autoscan with VCDS it will log all kind of information. It will also log the firmware of all the different control modules in the car.
With the list below you can check if the firmware might needs updating. The old firmware number is listed in the column Defective SW and the new version is listed in the column next to it.
Your dealer can update the firmware with Flash CD 33 or higher and VAS-PC.

exeo_updates.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022
I know this is an old post but I just wanted to write and say my vcds 15.7.1 doesn't work on my 2013 SEAT Exeo 2.0 tdi 143hp estate, it can read and reset dtcs but I can't do any longcoding or adaptations. It worked fine on my previous 2009 Passat and a 62 (late 2012) plate VW Caddy Maxi. I bought the lead that came with a CD for about £30 I think if I remember correctly from OBDTools. Is there someone can help me? There seems to be plenty of newer cracked versions of VCDS floating about but rather not risk it.

anyway, for reference this is what I want to do:

Headlights/Taillights/footlights coming on at night when unlocking
Horn/beep confirmation when locking/unlocking
Rear wiper when reversing when stalk set to auto
Windows close when left open when it rains
Front foglights on low as DRLs
Needle dance on ignition

anything else that might be a good idea.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.