Vibration on VT-FR mounts

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
I was wondering if anyone had a "little" aha-exsperience when first starting up the car after fitting "vibratechniks fast road" engine mounts.
I fitted the mounts when doing a ko3s uppgrade, miltek DP, pelaquin, spec and other goodies:)

When I first started the car it I could really feel noticeble diffrence in vibritation in the seat. The plastic panels inside the car also started to make some vibration-sound witch Ive never heards before(I know I do own a seat and the panels should make odd sounds:)
I first started lauging but then I got a bit worried for what the missus would say when picking her up later on..
When driving the car i didnt notice much of it(above 2k revs), only when car standing still at idle at traffic ligts and similar.
As I dont have a new software in the car yet I didnt floor it, i didnt go over 3k revs as I didnt want to brake anything..

My question is: can I expect less vibration after some driving/time??? or is this just something I will get just to??? (and will have to prepare the missus for the new world:)

Thanks in advance.

Prebs

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Im running VT race mounts on my mk2 20vt and found the vibration to die down a bit after they'd been on there for a while, can only assume the fast road ones will do the same

caveo

I dont think it dies down i think you just get used to it ( people who get in mine notice it but i dont anymore )

ian_cupra

had mine on ages now, and not died down, like caveo said, you just get used to it

AaronGS

Jan 8, 2007
Lancashire
I changed from those ?black forest ones which really shook the car. Put on the VT fast road front and rear mounts and it felt like standard and hasn't changed since (over 6k miles). It is only a very little more 'vibratory' than normal - been impressed and worth having in my opinion.

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Aaron, did you noticed most difference in vibration when car standing still at idle, or when driving the car??? As prescribed before it was a really big difference to me when car standing still, I felt like sitting in a massage chair:) but then again I wall probobly get just to it...

Prebs

AaronGS

Jan 8, 2007
Lancashire
Prebs I did notice a lot of vibration at idle with the first mounts I tried but NOT with the VT's. Main vibration with VT's seems to be initial acceleration in first and that hasn't changed.
It may be cos first ones were so rough tho..!

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Thanks aaron, I´ll check it out a bit more when I´ve had the car remapped for the k03s as I dont want to take it out for a spin before I know everything is in order... I´ve only driven the car for 30min with the new VT FRs so hopefully it will turn out ok..

Prebs

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
are the mounts installed properly? ie is there any strain on them from fitting so they are loaded up, and not allowed to sit centered but engine pushed about to line things up.. which would make anything transmit more vibration.

fr mounts from vt do not make cars internal, something sounds up with their installation.

loosen all the mounts at same time, shake the engine/box about so everything can sit where it wants to, then retighten

regards
bill

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Bill: I had a "feeling" that it could have something to do with the install. Will take your advice and try at to loosen an re tighting the mounts. Again thanks for suplying the parts to me, and by the way Im very satisfied with the new clutch, fly and arbs ....

Prebs

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise