Vibrations @ motorway speeds

ando

Mar 25, 2005
homepage.eircom.net
Any thoughts on this? My car vibrates when at about 60 or 70mph, only when accelerating. If I take my foot off the accelerator there are no vibrations. I'm going to try get my wheels properly balanced but is there anything else I could look out for?

Wheels are 225/45/17, tyre pressure 30 PSI all round (TDI FR 150 17" Cupra R alloys)

JPKinsey

I think my LCR is the same, ever since i had my two new front tyres fitted my steering wheel vibrates rather a lot when i go above 60-65. had tracking and bakancing done at the time of fitting.

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
I think it's there all the time but I notice it a lot when accelerating, all around 60 or 70 mph. No vibrations at all when braking

I had a similar thing this week, although it was warped discs on the front. New discs on now which cured the braking problem.

I think my LCR is the same, ever since i had my two new front tyres fitted my steering wheel vibrates rather a lot when i go above 60-65. had tracking and bakancing done at the time of fitting.

Same here mate, although when changing my tires i noticed a 'doof' in the inner wheel of one of my alloys...... i think this could be the reason it's still vibrating slightly at about 70+, even after being balanced. Have you checked your alloys?

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
I had mine 4 wheel aligned, camber + toe, and that sorted it. Make sure if you do get it done you get it done by a proper place and not somewhere with a similar system to kwik fit etc

MauriceRKK

Sorry for re-awakening an old thread. I had the same issue and I found out today I have 2 warped alloys on the front!!!
So my question is....I have a Leon Mk1 TDi 110. The alloys as I found out are el cheapo 17's hence the warping. Can anyone suggest a decent make preferably 5 spoke 17's to match the back until I can afford 2 more for the back to complete the set?
Bloody frustrating!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.