VZ1 remap

H15DTL

H15DTL
May 28, 2013
Hey guys
I’m currently waiting on a new VZ1 Leon to be delivered (245)
Just wondering if anyone knows anywher that can remap these yet as I’m struggling… when it’s the same engine as the GTI performance…

cheers

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
I saw a post last week that this is now possible, quoting around 320-340bhp for the 245 variant. Pretty bonkers.

Remember the 245 isn't the same as the GTI performance, they have different turbos and as such have different capabilities. I've heard of places getting near 400bhp with the "higher output version" as it is dubbed.

H15DTL

H15DTL
May 28, 2013
I saw a post last week that this is now possible, quoting around 320-340bhp for the 245 variant. Pretty bonkers.

Remember the 245 isn't the same as the GTI performance, they have different turbos and as such have different capabilities. I've heard of places getting near 400bhp with the "higher output version" as it is dubbed.
Oh ok Samuel sorry I thought they were the same engine…. So is the “higher output” the version that’s in the cupra then??
Where did you hear about those capabilities for a remap then mate… any info or links at all???

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
This is stolen from another member in a Facebook group I'm in so credit is not mine. Maybe the figures I gave were a bit on the high side, I was pretty sure I saw an official advertisement showing those higher figures. But 304 is still pretty good.

IMG_5593_LI.jpg

Edit: Racingline apparently can get 345. https://www.wayside-performance.co....via-vrs-a3-8y-leon-mk4-ea888-gen-4-low-output

H15DTL

H15DTL
May 28, 2013
This is stolen from another member in a Facebook group I'm in so credit is not mine. Maybe the figures I gave were a bit on the high side, I was pretty sure I saw an official advertisement showing those higher figures. But 304 is still pretty good.

View attachment 35228

Edit: Racingline apparently can get 345. https://www.wayside-performance.co....via-vrs-a3-8y-leon-mk4-ea888-gen-4-low-output
Nice one mate that’s deffo a good improvement… 60 horses from a stage one…. I’ll have a look at racingline too then
Cheers pal

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022

I'm a bit confused with the torque numbers though. I see so many people tuning their engines and don't understand why or with what logic. The gearbox in the Leon is rated at a max of 400nm torque figure. When tuned, it exceeds 400nm... So, common sense would suggest that the gearbox can't handle the torque and will fail at a much faster rate than stock. Is my understanding clear or am I missing something in the whole tuning idea?

James15695

Dec 22, 2022
I'm a bit confused with the torque numbers though. I see so many people tuning their engines and don't understand why or with what logic. The gearbox in the Leon is rated at a max of 400nm torque figure. When tuned, it exceeds 400nm... So, common sense would suggest that the gearbox can't handle the torque and will fail at a much faster rate than stock. Is my understanding clear or am I missing something in the whole tuning idea?
I’ve wondered the same. And seen tuning companies (the one shown above for example) quoting for stage 1 tune and stage 1 tune with DSG tune as well to allow for higher torque figures. Not sure how this works though.

andy2max

Feb 16, 2023
I’ve wondered the same. And seen tuning companies (the one shown above for example) quoting for stage 1 tune and stage 1 tune with DSG tune as well to allow for higher torque figures. Not sure how this works though.
My understanding is with the TCU tune, long with faster shifting and raising the torque limiter etc the clamping pressures on the clutches are increased which means it can hold more torque. There are plenty of tunes DSG’s running big power so I think they can but I suppose as with any tuning, you are pushing parts harder than stock so always a potential to break something

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
Interesting read .I have at the moment a 20 plate 290 with a stage 1 Revo and its putting out high 300's very soon will be taking delivery of a new 245 and noticed that revo do not make a map for this engine .

After reading all the above it seems then the only place is Racing Line

Dec 2, 2023
I’ve remapped my Leon Cupra 245hp to 320hp and 500NM, also reprogrammed the gearbox, it does 0-100 k/h in 4s, such a lovely beast!
I was told that DQ381 holds up to 700Nm, same gearbox ans Audi S3.

May 7, 2023
I don’t have experience but seriously considering this on my 245 VZ1. Anyone know what the warranty situation is with doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I don’t have experience but seriously considering this on my 245 VZ1. Anyone know what the warranty situation is with doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A remap will invalidate your car’s warranty - not in its entirety, but in respect of any components / parts that fail and Cupra considers the failure is a consequence of the car having been remapped. So a warranty claim for engine or transmission failure is likely to be declined by Cupra, but issues such as the failure of the infotainment unit or a failed wiper motor ought to be covered.

Also, if your car is the subject of a current lease or PCP agreement, it would be worth checking the small print of the agreement. Remapping the car might not be permitted as legally, you don’t own the car.

Additionally, don’t forget you’ll need to inform your insurance company if you modify your car, and your insurer may increase your premium and impose additional terms or restrictions.

Edit; the screenshot below is from the T&C’s of the Cupra new car warranty. It specifically states that damage or defects caused by the installation of parts, components or software not authorised by Cupra is excluded, as is damage or defects caused by modifications.

Link to new car warranty terms and conditions;

Screenshot referred to above (click on thumbnail image to open larger image);
IMG_0382.jpeg

Last edited:

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi.
If anyone has any issues with insurance at all for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.