Want to purchase...

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I got rid of the Bridgestones 100 miles after buying my Cupra, they're pants.

Yeah, the Nokian's I have are winter tyres, very good so far.

Yep, the Bridgestone's are shite. Only lasted 9.5k and tramped like mad. Fitted Goodyear Assy 2's , they have done 8.5k and only look half worn.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Yep, the Bridgestone's are shite. Only lasted 9.5k and tramped like mad. Fitted Goodyear Assy 2's , they have done 8.5k and only look half worn.

Hi mate,

I'll be getting some new summer tyres next year, do you recommend those Goodyear's then? I've been drawn to them for their well-rounded reviews (good in the dry, good in the wet, fairly quiet, good ride quality) would you say your tyres live up to those expectations?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hi mate,

I'll be getting some new summer tyres next year, do you recommend those Goodyear's then? I've been drawn to them for their well-rounded reviews (good in the dry, good in the wet, fairly quiet, good ride quality) would you say your tyres live up to those expectations?

Went from the oem Pirelli's on previous LCR to Goodyears, they were definitely quieter , performance wise probably better too.
On the Cupra, I've noticed less road noise ( although there is still one Bridgestone on o/s/r , long story.... ) with the Goodyears. In the dry now I get zero wheel hop, just tc light flashing. In the wet, it will still tramp if you are too heavy footed, but its easily controllable and results in one or two bangs, on Bridgestones it felt/sounded like the engine was falling out. I'm happy with them, they also seem to cope with potholes better than the Pirellis did.....
I've also got them on my work Passat, they have lasted longer than the oem Contis ( I cover 50k a year all over UK)

Omodhos

May 29, 2015
Sheffield
White with black roof,multi- spoke alloys and flyeyed lights front and back.full cobra exhaust,Wagner Intercooler and R600 cold air intake.3door dsg

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
os it just me or do you think the XDS is a little abrupt!!

My Ibiza was the same as the Leon in that you get a bit of slip followed by a oh crap the engine has dropped moment!!

Its not XDS on the Cupra but some other form of wizardry. Takes a bit of getting used to, but when you do its a hoot especially round islands...... :D

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
It's the same thing its a limited slip diff

Xds is just seat's name for it

Thats not correct the Cupra has VAQ Electronic controlled mechanical differential, the 184 PS FRs have XDS. Having driven both, the feeling from the Cupra's diff is amazing, just as has been previously said, it takes a little getting used to if your not expecting it.