Warranty for Seat Toledo

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Can anybody tell me about Seat warranties. I bought a new spanish registered car(30.5.2007) in spain where I spend most of my time. On a recent visit to the UK I needed warranty work in April 09 but my local Seat Agent said that I was out of warranty and said my warranty started when the car was manufactured and not when it was first registered. Therefore, I had lost 11 months of my warranty if I needed work done in the UK. I contacted my Seat agent and as far as they are concerned my 2 year warranty is valid.

Surely, it cannot be right that the warranty starts when the car is manufactured? This car is not a grey import or reregistered as the agent is trying to make out it was bought and registered new in Spain have I got an international warranty or not? aggie

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Thats if you bought the car in the UK Spain it is only 2 years.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
It starts from day of registration, they're taking the piss. Half new cars sold would be a year down if that was the case!

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
You are quite right they are extracting the urine. Seat Spain and Seat Uk are saying the the warranty starts from the date of registration anywhere in Europe. But Seat Droitwhich told me that if your car was not registered in the UK the warranty starts from when the car was manufactured and they sent me a letter to that effect. I am waiting now for a letter from Seat Uk who have told me that if your car was registered in Spain and you need warranty work carried out in the Uk you will have to pay for it yourself and reclaim the money back from the garage that you bought it from in Spain. I put this to Seat Fuengirola where I bought the car and they have refused point blank to reimburse me. So there is another problem. I am going to write to Seat Barcalona for a definitive answer to this whole problem of warranties in the EU. aggie

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
You are quite right they are extracting the urine. Seat Spain and Seat Uk are saying the the warranty starts from the date of registration anywhere in Europe. But Seat Droitwhich told me that if your car was not registered in the UK the warranty starts from when the car was manufactured and they sent me a letter to that effect. I am waiting now for a letter from Seat Uk who have told me that if your car was registered in Spain and you need warranty work carried out in the Uk you will have to pay for it yourself and reclaim the money back from the garage that you bought it from in Spain. I put this to Seat Fuengirola where I bought the car and they have refused point blank to reimburse me. So there is another problem. I am going to write to Seat Barcalona for a definitive answer to this whole problem of warranties in the EU. aggie

Try another garage. SEAT DROITWICH are cr*p. i had problems with warranty work with them. will not touch them again.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Warranty

Hi lil3520, I see that you have had dealings with Droitwhich as well. Seat UK have phoned me and asked me not to contact droitwich until they have contacted Seat Spain and obtained the correct info regarding my warranty. They will send me the definitive answer in writing I will then pass it on to the forum. But it looks like I will have to pay for my warranty work then claim it back from my Seat Agent in Spain but they have already told me that this is not on so I am in limbo till Seat UK gets back to me. aggie

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.