Washer fluid question.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I have a 2017 1.4 fr.
My old 63 plate warned me when the washer fluid was low.
This one doesn't.
Is this Seat cutting costs or a fault?
Any ideas folks?

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Unless you carry a container in the car to top up does it matter, just top it up when you do the weekly/fortnightly whatever level/tyre check?

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I must admit it caught me out.
Streaky windscreen winter sun.
I'll check regularly!

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Depends on options fitted. Mine has it with the winter pack (heated seats, heated washer jet nozzles, headlight wash).

Reactions: Seriously?

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Good point mate.
My old car had the winter pack.
Hadn't thought of that. My Skoda doesn't have winter pack but is SE Technology so maybe it's part of that pack. I can't say I'll miss it - will miss Adaptive Cruise though, that is awesome. Couldn't quite stretch to it on the Cupra 😥

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Hadn't thought of that. My Skoda doesn't have winter pack but is SE Technology so maybe it's part of that pack. I can't say I'll miss it - will miss Adaptive Cruise though, that is awesome. Couldn't quite stretch to it on the Cupra 😥
You can get it retrofitted 😉 - to be honest, have it on the Cupra and hardly ever use it, less in start/stop traffic (ACC plus traffic jam assist).

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
You can get it retrofitted 😉 - to be honest, have it on the Cupra and hardly ever use it, less in start/stop traffic (ACC plus traffic jam assist).

I've not even got my Cupra yet - only ordered it in October. It's a lease so I won't be able to mess about with it unfortunately. Glad I ordered it when I did as the prices have risen massively since. Wouldn't be able to get one on the scheme now. Can keep the Octavia until the Cupra arrives too which is a bonus.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Washer fluid level warning also came with HID and early LED headlights as they came with headlight washers and so a larger washer fluid tank - as well as with cars that had headlight washers due to having Winter Pack with cars that had "normal" basic headlights.

Very handy when on long motorway journeys in winter time, ie where you could easily use up the contents of the larger washer fluid tank due to the headlight washers being programmed to operate, when headlights are switched on, for every 3 or 4 or 5 or etc, application of the windscreen washers.

Nothing beats checks the washer fluid level frequently when using a car on short journeys, and also always before setting off on a longer journey especially in winter time.

Edit:- I moved from having a 1991 VX Cav GSI 4X4 which had "normal" basic headlights but they had wipers on them so used only moderate volumes of washer fluid, to having a 2000 VW Passat 4Motion which had HID headlights and so spray type washers which used large volumes of washer fluid - and that car did have a "low washer fluid" warning system, mainly to stop the headlight washers operating when the washer fluid got too low - so that there was still enough for washing the windscreen - but the option to include displaying that warning indicator on the dash pod was not enabled! I found that out the hard way, and that prompted me to buy VCDS as my local VW dealership told me the only way to sort that out was to buy in a new dash pod and for them to re-prog it as you can't re-prog already prog'd at factory dash pods - they were either stupid or liars, the bonus for me at that time was that I discovered that the brake wear warning was also not enabled, so I sorted that out at the same time.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.