Water in Door

AdamB

Until now, I've had water on the sil but not in the footwell. Seat modified seals so not as much water stays on the sil and can drain out.
With all this recent wet weather, I have noticed water in the rear driver side footwell but more worrying is the fact if theres been a lot of rain I get water stains on the plastic door panel. The panel is dry which means its coming through from the inside of the door. Has anyone else got this problem and is it a cheap fix?

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
Until now, I've had water on the sil but not in the footwell. Seat modified seals so not as much water stays on the sil and can drain out.
With all this recent wet weather, I have noticed water in the rear driver side footwell but more worrying is the fact if theres been a lot of rain I get water stains on the plastic door panel. The panel is dry which means its coming through from the inside of the door. Has anyone else got this problem and is it a cheap fix?

If you open the door and look along the bottom inside edge you will see a rubber flap. If you push a finger up between this flap and the door you should be able to feel the bottom of the door. Running your finger along the length of the door front/back (or vice versa) you should be able to feel 3 holes. These are almost certainly blocked with grease or road gunk. Solution is to clean out any mess between the rubber flap and the door and use a cotton bud or something similar to make sure the 3 holes are clear. Then the water that gets inside the door from the window will be able to run out the bottom of your door. This should solve your water ingress problem.

cuprablue

highguyuk

Dec 14, 2007
Stafford, UK
I get water as you open the door in the sill, but not found any water in the car.

That said, there was some paper left on the floor of the car, and it was very damp and moist when I discovered it ...

justin_cupra

LCR 225
Jul 17, 2007
Basingstoke
The only thing which has made me slightly regret buying my 2004 LCR is the build quality, it aint that **** hot!

I have had the same porblem with mine, I thought I rectified it but come a little more rain and it's happening again.......so off will come the door card again for some more investigation and sealing!

Bloody Spanish.........remember Pedro..........it f:censored:ing pisses it down in England!

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
ive now cleaned those rubber flaps, popped them off and cleaned them pretty throughly, will probably do it again and see how i get on in the next few days..
never had water in the car but do get it on the sill badly,. im hoping this will help!

M90TEN

im quite concerned about the number of posts about water so i rang my seat dealership and they are gonna have the car in on tuesday and check to see all the seals and gromit holes are all as they should be. not being mechanically minded i cant do it myself and as the car is under warranty and the service lady is rather attractive i dont mind popping it in haha

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Hahahaha

Well it seems upon further testing...just the drivers door is leaking VERY badly on to the sill (not in the car) and all the others around the car are fine....

Ive had the window regulator and plate changed in the summer and i don't think the garage has sealed it properly when they have put the new plate in (if at all!!!) So that is probbly it!!

I reckon i need some of the rubber seal tape from the dealer!!! GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DIPS_CUPRA R

im havng the same problem with my lcr drivers footwell carpet was damp and my car steams up allot this rain dont help either. need to check my seals as well not happy with the build quility of the car!

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Right then, im booked in to Midland Vw to have this sorted on Friday! thank god!!!!!

Damn thing!!!! I rekcon i know exactly how it happened on mine though, due to the door plate/regulator being replaced by another garage in summer and them not sealing up the plate properly!!!!!!! GRrrrrrrrrrrrr

Will let you know how much it costs me...

matt-doyle

i fixed the same thing on my mk1 leon by taking off the door card then undoing the bolts holding on the big metal plate so I could get my fingers in the gap all around. I then pulled off all the soggy slimy foam tape which is standard and after cleaning it all up i sealed all around the join of the plate to door with a good dose of silicone. Car has never leaked since!

Rain water runs down the inside of the inside of the door and collects on the foam. It will eventually leak. While you're at it, clean out your drain holes with a cotton bud or similar.

matt-doyle

oh... and the exact same thing happened to my girlfriend's peugeot 306, the foam tape on the liner was leaking. fixed it in the exact same way.

keano20v

K!ENO
Jan 1, 2008
stirling
awryt man ive had that before if u take th door trim off u wil see lots of holes u need to cover them up and unblock th drainage holes in th bottom of th door seats and vws reali bad for that
UR NOT THE ONLY 1 M8 :)

Flashjedi

Can any of u guys help me i need to remove the rear door card but cant see how th manual window winder is removed :(
appreciate any advice thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise