Water Leak (Again)

themoores

Sorry for another thread about a water leak.

Ive got a 4 year old altea and its got a water leak somewhere on the passenger side. I have sent it to the garage once and they found that the tray was full with leaves and stuff causing the water leak. The have now changed the filter and checked the filter housing. I checked again this week to make sure that the problem has been fixed and the car is full of water again. The garaged have stripped everything and have found where the water is entering the car. Its near the door in the footwell on the left hand side. Its like a silver inlet and water is dribbling from it. The garage have ordered a new seal for the door. I was just wondering if anybody has had the same problem before and can tell me where the water is coming from.

Thanks in advance

peeps

Jun 3, 2011
There is numerous leaks with the Altea. Could be door seal, door panel leaking, condensate drain leaking or windscreen leaking....look at the Thread 'steaming up', and you will see the problems I have! Hope you get the leak sorted.

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
Another area is at the side of the scuttle panel, where the bonnet hinges are. Leaves are sucked/dawn into this area, block it and it fills up with a a huge volume of water.
You have to take scuttle panel and plastic windscreen cover off to get good access and a wet/dry hoover to suck blow out all the crud. Do mine every year as drive has a tree over it :(
Keep meaning to get round to some sort of cover to reduce leaf ingress...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members