Water leak from window scutter/bulkhead

superhans

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to fix a leak on my Leon Cupra (2001 model)?

The leak is coming from water draining through the front windscreen scutter and then entering the front driver footwell via the bulkhead and pedals.

From what I have read elsewhere it has something to do with the mian junction box cover, but nowhere advises how to fix this.

Please help as my front (and rear) driver side footwells are soaked! I cannot tell at the moment whether the wet rear footwell is to do with the same leak from the bulkhead or from the rear door seals.

Thanks

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
I had the same prob on my 2003 leon, water was not getting in from the junction box. There was a seam in the actual metal bulkhead that was not sealed properly, some silicon fixed it.

I originally thought it was the junction box, what I did was strip down everything below the steering wheel and the fuse box area and poured water on the car and traced it back to the bulkhead leaking.

Neil.

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
I also had this and same solution, dealer filled in the hole in the bulkhead. It definitely isn't the rear door seals as what happens is the water enters from the front scuttle and leaks along the floor. The rear footwell is lower than the front. Result - soaking rear.

superhans

Cheers for the replys.

I checked the rear door seals and they are fine. It's only damp on the driver side so this defo seems to be the problem. The car is parked uphill too, so not helping things in the rear footwell.

It's going into the garage tomorrow so hopefully I can now point them directly to the problem.

Thanks again for the advice.

Hans

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members