Water leak - help!!

Steve74

Since I bought my Altea in October - an 04 from Arnold Clark with 5.5k miles it has been in 5 times for work!

I've had a water leak since late October when the weather turned.

The water is below the drivers mat and now rear passenger mat in the footwells. It appears to be coming from the centre console area and creeping accross underneath the mats.

The garage had the car in for a total of 3 1/2 weeks and every time I got the car back the leak was there just as bad.

I tried a hose test yesterday and it appears to be coming from the area below the screen right in the water channel of the plastic part on the screen.

They replaced the windscreen and as the factory has the windscreen seal on back order took one off another car.

It still leaks and is starting to smell pretty bad.

I've asked for a replacement car or money back but I doubt that will happen even though these faults were there at time of purchase.

Not to mention excessive wind noise, rattles and creaky suspension...

Any ideas on what the fault could be? I think it may still be the screen as a rubber off another car may not be a solution as it could be damaged removing. Other than that I wonder if the bulkhead is leaky or the area where the major controls go through it in the centre (same for left and right hand drive).

Any help would be much appreciated.

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
Water leak

Hi Steve

I had the same problem it turned out to be the condensate drain -- it was split and insted of the air conditioning condensation being discharged underneath the car it was discharged into the car itself.

My dealer - Fishers of Galgate - found and cured it.

They completely removed the Seats and Carpets to find it.

Hope this helps

John

Steve74

Altea

The guy said it was the screen that was leaking! I noticed that the aircon now needs to be turned all the way to 18 to be cold otherwise it is just warm air - maybe thats teh same?

I do use air con a lot but when I did a hose test the water came in after 10 mins so I'm thinking it must be from outside.

Called Seat today who said they would call and speak to the dealer. Didint hear back from them though.

They suggested I take the car 40 miles away for service!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.