Water Leak on Driver Side

Surbatious

Help!....
I have a very wet drivers side front and rear footwell on me Seat Leon 20vt.

The problems only started a few weeks ago ever since a rear shock was replaced along with the car being serviced at the local Seat dealer. Also since then I have started to park the car on my drive which is on a steep slop (front facing up)

Not really sure what it is....! Could the above things cause the car to start leaking????

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
First of all welcome! I've had this with mine, but really you should do a search on water leak as this has been covered umpteen times before. Mine only got fixed after the 5th trip to the dealer and was a leak from the front bulkhead through a electrical cable. Try the plenum chamber.

Surbatious

Cheers for the Advice.
The water is leaking somwhere near the pedals as there is a collection of water near one of the plastic trims underneath the sterring wheel colunm. I removed the pollen filter cover and the scutter panel. I couldn't see where the water would coming in from! Where is the plenum chamber?

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Just same problem as mine. From what I gather (as I say, repaired by dealer with no involvement from me) the plenum chamber is underneath the scuttle panel (where the wipers are). It can fill up with water and it will be getting in through a cabling hole - mine used to drip down from the pedals into the drivers footwell, but because the rear is lower than the front that is where the water congregates.

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Mine has just inherited this problem! The Leon is rubbish for leaks I've had 3 different ones now and its really annoying! Anyone else give anymore advice~?

fahafiz

Jan 29, 2007
hey

ive got the same leak... how can i fix it?
i also have oild problems... garage filled my car with PD engine oil when its not a PD...what effect will that have?

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
Fixing the plenum chamber leak is easy enough...I had the same problem on my old Toledo MKII - just get a can of spray-on underseal ( I think Plastic Padding / Holts do one), take off the plastic tray that covers the plenum between the windscreen and the engine bulkhead (Outside) and spray the bejaysus out of it on the side where you have the leak. (Make sure you have cleaned the metal of all dirt / oil / salt first....wash well and rinse with warm saopy sponge and dry with paper towel the night before....dry weather is better for this kind of thing). The cost of repair was about £ 5 for the aerosol and lasted for the rest of the Toledo's life with me.
Soaking up the water from the footwells is another story...covered in many other threads....you need to lift the carpets a bit, have about 20 old newspapers on hand, and change them every day until they no longer come out damp. Will take a few weeks to get fully dry in winter / spring, but its worth it in the end.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.