water leak

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Nice.
It's under the scuttle panel; wiper arms need to come off too.
Mine leaked a couple of months back.

Finding a decent garge you can trust is so hard. I think I'm lucky having two garages at home I'm happy to leave the car with. One is at the end of my road (bonus!) and the other is near work. Ideal!

Juclassic

Thank god for Pedro!
Oct 18, 2005
Swindon, soon to be Oxford-ish
Nice.
It's under the scuttle panel; wiper arms need to come off too.
Mine leaked a couple of months back.

Finding a decent garge you can trust is so hard. I think I'm lucky having two garages at home I'm happy to leave the car with. One is at the end of my road (bonus!) and the other is near work. Ideal!

Now that's lucky. (without trying to sound like the adverts)

Gm8

Jun 13, 2007
Glasgow
i have just found water in my offside rear footwell , but no water on seats or anything etc , has the water been coming from under the car then do you think ?

Mckellar

same as my car exactly Tony.

I think its the front inner window seal leaking water into the footwells and running under the carpets.

IbizaAddict

Yep, take the door card off and see if there are any water stains on the back which will show where the plastic sheet is letting the water in.

Linkian

neva want the ride to end
Sep 11, 2007
Portsmouth
yo ive put them rear lexus style lights in my motor and since that time my boot has become some what of a swimming pool. really i cant put anything in the boot its mental ive had a few ideas bout what it could be but has anyone else had this problem.

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
Had this exact problem with my ibiza. The plastic lining wasnt sealed around the speaker cable and was allowing water to run down the door card and into the drivers footwell, it would also make the rear footwell wet if it was parked facing up hill. I left a de-humidifier in the car for 24hrs which dried thing out nicely.

This was the exact same problem with mine, i just siliconed a thick sheet of plastic (flexible though) above the speaker and let it hang down around the speaker to divert all the water out though the bottom of the door, where it is supposed to go. no problems since.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.