Water leaking into footwell

mr_cool

Oct 5, 2008
Scotland
I used the guide on here to seal up the panel inside the passenger door with silicone. Somebody had already had a go at it before. Satisfied that it was well and truley sealed up i put it all back together minus the sound proofing which is drying out. After a bit of rain there was still water getting in and the door sill was wet when I opened the door.

Any ideas?

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
if its passenger front check the pollen filter to make sure its in place correctly.

if its passenger rear then have you got water spray to your rear window? As there is a connection there that can come lose.

mr_cool

Oct 5, 2008
Scotland
if its passenger front check the pollen filter to make sure its in place correctly.

if its passenger rear then have you got water spray to your rear window? As there is a connection there that can come lose.

Hi,
Its passenger front. The pollen filter seems to be seated fine, thing is the water shouldn't be getting trapped on the sill? Other doors dotn seemd to be like this.

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
hmm when i had my issues with my doors i had the trapped water as well. I sealed mine up and it happened again. Because it was behind the door card instead of removing the screws again i sealed around the outside as well especially beside the speakers.

Also check the drain holes are not blocked

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.