Water pump interval

rodius

Hi! I got a Toledo 1.8 20v Petrol with 123k miles on board.
I've replaced t. belt 10 k miles ago ;) but din't know that I should also change whater pump.
how critical is that? how ofteh w.p should be changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyrich

Hi , I have same model as you, I had both belt and water pump done at 80 k ( didnt have a choice as I broke down) garage said its best to have both done as its easier to do 2gether .could cause more problems in near future, Mine is 52reg and never had any other work done 2 it,

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
There isnt an interval as such for the water pump, just normally advise when the cambelt is done as a preventative measure.

andycupra

status subject to change
its not critical, just recommended,

Its not unknown for VAG water pump impellors to fail, so people often replace the water pump at the same time as the belt simply as its an easy change while the belt is off.

There isnt an interval for water pumps, its just people spending a little more to reduce potential significant cost of a pump failure later on.

If you have had the belt done and not pump, dont loose any sleep over it.

dani_r

From what I can gather, the old water pumps had plastic impellors which can break off. The new ones have metal impellors, reducing the risk of damage to pump and your motor!

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
wasent the water pump it was 2nd water pump stuck wasent opening tapped with hammer and cleaned the electric plug up and all fine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise