Water pump

teeth2k

Feb 8, 2003
sussex
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how much a new water pump is as mine seems to be leeking and are they fairly easy to fit or would it be better to get a garage to fit it . Again how much is a garage likely to charge.

skwaggles

vtr btr :)
Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
hi. i got one off ebay for less than £20 posted. brand new with 2 year guarantee. is being fitted with new cambelt and pulleys for £100. so don't expect to pay more than £120

HoopDub

Aug 17, 2009
that DIY? cant see a garage doing it all in for £120. id strongly recomend VAG pump, much better fit etc etc, they are normally on exchange. same goes for belt kit really, most factor parts dont come with replacement bolts, allthough they will argue that most pulleys/rollers dont need new bolts, but ive done many belt and pump changes to find that a DIY job previous has gone boobs up and bolts are bent, threaded etc. cost more obviously but worth getting genuine in these cases IMO. also cost will vary dependant on engine

Aij29

Seat Virgin
Feb 14, 2010
Cornwall
that DIY? cant see a garage doing it all in for £120. id strongly recomend VAG pump, much better fit etc etc, they are normally on exchange. same goes for belt kit really, most factor parts dont come with replacement bolts, allthough they will argue that most pulleys/rollers dont need new bolts, but ive done many belt and pump changes to find that a DIY job previous has gone boobs up and bolts are bent, threaded etc. cost more obviously but worth getting genuine in these cases IMO. also cost will vary dependant on engine

Mine was done at a garage but not main dealer or oe parts (i got the bill in with the paperwork i got for the car)

However i do live in Cornwall and if you shop around you can get stuff done cheaply,

(i got a garage to fit discs and pads to my missus Scenic for £25 labour and i supplied the parts)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.