Waxing equipment and products

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hi

I am about to buy these products, Pboys Mega towel (dry car); Pboys paste wax, blue; ultimate german application pad; Pboys waffle weave towel from Polishedbliss.com

My car isnt a "show car" but I do like to keep it very clean, will these products be good enough, as in protect it well and give a really nice finish? That lot will cost £34 which isnt too bad i didnt think?

I have autoglyn shampoo and autoglyn super resin polish already, as well as wheel cleaner.

Cheers

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
You're doing alright there. Make sure you have a decent washmit and two buckets with grit guards to prevent inflicting any further makrs on your car.

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Ive always tended to use a normal jumbo sponge, on previous cars seemed alright, although reading some reveiws, they arent the best of things to use for obvious reasons, ie, dirt collecting etc.

I need to get a bucket with gaurd on it, that would be a wise investment.
Any idea of where to get a cheap one? a store?

Cheers

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Blimey Gary, we've been doing it all wrong - Weejase has the answer!

Don't tell me, you'd get all the swirls out too, using T-Cut?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Blimey Gary, we've been doing it all wrong - Weejase has the answer!

Don't tell me, you'd get all the swirls out too, using T-Cut?

you're being sarcastic right? :p

my car is swirl-tastic, i just regard myself as environmentally friendly,i just don't wash it.
it was once said on here that cars were for wragging,mantle pieces are for polishing ;)

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Course I am, only messing.

Cars are made for ragging - I'll agree with that, but nothing wrong with keeping them clean too.

I do work for quite a lot of Lotus owners, one of their forums coined a phrase that really made me laugh for people who like to clean their cars - GJOB (Garage Jewellery Owning *******s).

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Course I am, only messing.

Cars are made for ragging - I'll agree with that, but nothing wrong with keeping them clean too.

I do work for quite a lot of Lotus owners, one of their forums coined a phrase that really made me laugh for people who like to clean their cars - GJOB (Garage Jewellery Owning *******s).

don't get me wrong,i am reading up on this detailing lark,(currently using MEGS 1.2.3 )i hate this time of year when its covered in road grime,but i hate summer just as much.
yellow car seems to attract bugs like a sodding great sunflower.
i am more worried about my interior at the moment.boot/back seats look like toys R us.but i am devoting my "spare" time to decorating at the moment.oh and spending money on NON mods on the car

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members