Way to turn start/stop off

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Hi everyone

had my car just over a week now and absolutely loving it! Few gripes for me so far:

Light bar isn’t on all the time with DRLs
Start stop is so difficult to turn off and doesn’t retain its setting after ignition cycle
Drive profile difficult to change and doesn’t retain
I think all of my issues can be solved with OBDEleven, but I wondered is there an easier way to get to Start/Stop settings and the drive modes than having to navigate deep into the menus etc? Can a shortcut be created or anything?
I do miss physical buttons sometimes!

Korefan

Jun 10, 2022
Latvia
Is start/stop so deep in the menu?
Like touch car icon in the right bottom corner -> smart assistant -> disable start/stop.
Do you have Cupra button on the wheel? It is possible to change drive modes with it.

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Is start/stop so deep in the menu?
Like touch car icon in the right bottom corner -> disable start/stop.
Do you have Cupra button on the wheel? It is possible to change drive modes with it.
It’s a lot deeper in a menu than a physical button next to the A/C like the Ateca 😂
I don’t have the Cupra button unfortunately. I have a V2 190. I’d prefer if it stayed on my individual drive mode.

Korefan

Jun 10, 2022
Latvia
Then it looks like you need obdeleven ;-)
For me it is a not a big issue because I always heating my car before drive. So I have to do something in any case :D
It is possible to customize the main display of infotaiment system, however I found that for me it is not very usefull.

Oily

May 31, 2022
Hi...
I just so happen to have read that section in the handbook last night: (sad as I am)
Reasons for Stop / Start not engaging:
The engine does not turn off for various
reasons
Before stopping the vehicle, the system veri￾fies whether certain conditions are met. The
engine does not switch off, in the following
situations for example:
● The engine has not yet reached the re￾quired temperature for the Start-Stop mode.
● The temperature selected on the climate
control has not been reached.
● The interior temperature is very high/low.
● Defrost function button activated
››› page 149.
● Park assist is switched on.
● The battery is very low.
● The steering wheel is overly turned or is
being turned.
● If there is a danger of misting.
● After engaging reverse gear.
● In case of a very steep gradient.
● In a traffic jam after stopping for the fifth
time, the engine will not stop any more.
● With ESC disabled.
● After emergency braking or loss of adhe￾sion.
● With a trailer attached.
● While the particle filter is regenerating.
 is displayed on the instrument cluster
screen; it is also displayed in the driver infor￾mation system, 

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
There are absolutely shortcuts. The /// Home screen, here you can customize the windows, where it shows 3 windows on the screen at once. You can set Smart assistants to one of these so it's always visible.

See the picture. That's my Home screen, the /// menu, where I have chosen Battery Manager (hybrid), Climate and Park Assistants as my 3 first windows.

Attachments

• Cupra dash.JPG
    Cupra dash.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 819

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
There are absolutely shortcuts. The /// Home screen, here you can customize the windows, where it shows 3 windows on the screen at once. You can set Smart assistants to one of these so it's always visible.

See the picture. That's my Home screen, the /// menu, where I have chosen Battery Manager (hybrid), Climate and Park Assistants as my 3 first windows.
Thanks for this though I’m sure I tried it. I’m not with my car at the moment but I’m sure the smart assistants shortcut doesn’t have the same ‘swipable’ dots to move between windows, meaning you can’t get to the S/S setting. Is that right?

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022

No not on mine. I can toggle between parking assistants background lighting and drive profile.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Thanks for this though I’m sure I tried it. I’m not with my car at the moment but I’m sure the smart assistants shortcut doesn’t have the same ‘swipable’ dots to move between windows, meaning you can’t get to the S/S setting. Is that right?
Oh, bummer. That might be the case. I don't have the S/S toggle at all since I'm in a hybrid, so can't answer that :(

Swipe all the way to the right, there is a big +, IIRC, to customize the menu.
Long hold to choose which submenus you want in the /// menu

Last edited:

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Oh, bummer. That might be the case. I don't have the S/S toggle at all since I'm in a hybrid, so can't answer that :(

Swipe all the way to the right, there is a big +, IIRC, to customize the menu.
Nope. The only way to customize the screens is to press and hold a box. Then you can choose what function you want. In this case “vehicle” where you get the three options I said above. Start/stop is not one of them.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Nope. The only way to customize the screens is to press and hold a box. Then you can choose what function you want. In this case “vehicle” where you get the three options I said above. Start/stop is not one of them.
Yep, I remembered wrong about customization. Didn't realise you were saying the same thing as Fr2013 either.

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022

S/S was available as a shotcut in the widgets (or whatever you call them) on older versions of the software. If your infotainment has CLIMA in the top middle of the infotainment screen, then you have a newer version, and S/S is not available as a shortcut in your widgets.
I think the older versions have A/C instead of CLIMA...

But like someone already said, press the car icon -> Smart assistants and there is your S/S toggle

P

Reactions: Andy.M

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
S/S was available as a shotcut in the widgets (or whatever you call them) on older versions of the software. If your infotainment has CLIMA in the top middle of the infotainment screen, then you have a newer version, and S/S is not available as a shortcut in your widgets.
I think the older versions have A/C instead of CLIMA...

But like someone already said, press the car icon -> Smart assistants and there is your S/S toggle

P
Thanks the clima/ac is the reason why we see different things then. Good to know.

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
Just to confirm, on the phev - there is now no way to turn off s/s (?)

I have just sat through every menu option and failed to locate a setting to this effect. Did I just miss it?

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
Just to confirm, on the phev - there is now no way to turn off s/s (?)

I have just sat through every menu option and failed to locate a setting to this effect. Did I just miss it?
Press the car icon bottom right corner of infotainment. Select smart assistants. One of the toggles should be s/s.
Although i am not sure why would it bother you in a hybrid.
What bothers me is that it stops when i only slow down for a peek if someone is coming, and then it takes a second to start up again by which time someone really is coming. It feels like forever to start again.
I feel like it shouldnt be a problem if you have an electric motor to get you going. Or am i wrong?

Reactions: vectra

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
I don't see that option:( Formentor phev VZ1.

Had an interesting situation with the 12v battery dead, needing to jump start the car. When the jump leads are connected to another car, the 14.2v on the circuit tells the Formentor that all is well, and it indicates 'Ready'. Even with the high voltage battery at zero, it's in stop/start mode, so I can't get the petrol engine started!

The only way around this was to leave the jump leads on for 20 min, to get the 12v in Formentor to some charge, then set min high voltage battery to more than 20%, put the car into cupra mode or sport mode, and then with the leads disconnected, actually set off.

If I could just turn off stop/start, this would have been a lot more easier.

( For anyone who reads this from a view about jumping the phev, do read the manual, it needs a step by step process to avoid voltage change and spikes )

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
I don't see that option:( Formentor phev VZ1.

Had an interesting situation with the 12v battery dead, needing to jump start the car. When the jump leads are connected to another car, the 14.2v on the circuit tells the Formentor that all is well, and it indicates 'Ready'. Even with the high voltage battery at zero, it's in stop/start mode, so I can't get the petrol engine started!

The only way around this was to leave the jump leads on for 20 min, to get the 12v in Formentor to some charge, then set min high voltage battery to more than 20%, put the car into cupra mode or sport mode, and then with the leads disconnected, actually set off.

If I could just turn off stop/start, this would have been a lot more easier.

( For anyone who reads this from a view about jumping the phev, do read the manual, it needs a step by step process to avoid voltage change and spikes )

Did you try pressing the kickdown on the accelerator pedal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
easiest way to turn off start/stop is to long hold the screen power button for 2 seconds, and the start/stop icon pops up. Turn that off, and you're good to go.

Reactions: vectra
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise