Went to dealer today.....

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
I dropped into a dealer today local to me. As a prospective buyer, I lurched around looking at the Leons! I didn't realise there was a facelift model released. I looked in the Leon in the showroom and thought, hmmmm....that dashboard looks different, much better in fact. Then I realised the back end, and front end had both changed. They had a nice new shiny candy white one, which they were changing the bumpers for the BTCC style? After looking I'm now seriously tempted to buy a 'Mk2 Leon' rather than a late Mk1 which I originally intended to. Unfortunately they did not have a 170TDi for me to test drive, and I've not drove one yet. They did offer to get one in for Fri though! :D

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
My local dealer does not have the facelifted 170 CR TDI in but they are due to get one. The 1st one they got sold very quickly

They let me take out the old 170 PD TDI which was great fun!

I've got the petrol FR DSG and diesel appears much more fun!

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
My local dealer does not have the facelifted 170 CR TDI in but they are due to get one. The 1st one they got sold very quickly

They let me take out the old 170 PD TDI which was great fun!

I've got the petrol FR DSG and diesel appears much more fun!

I'm seriously worried about your perception of fun... you have PETROL FR with DSG and you find diesel fr more fun to drive?

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I imagine the petrol is too linear, and he likes the thump of the diesel torque.

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
I imagine the petrol is too linear, and he likes the thump of the diesel torque.

Yep, I guessed that too. I imagine the diesel gives a right thump in the back when it delivers all that torque.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Yep, I guessed that too. I imagine the diesel gives a right thump in the back when it delivers all that torque.

Proby, yes, yes it does. I love my car. The PD 170, after test driving the black CR 170 my dealer had in, my car gives much more a thump then the facelift. All that torque comes at about 2,000rpm and it puts the biggest smile on your face. Can't wait to get remapped.

Danny.

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Exactly, the thump of the diesel seems like so much fun. Ok part if might have been returning to a manual so will reserve judgement till I have test drove FR 2.0 211 TSI in manual. The DSG is great but after 2 years just fancy something different. Thing is i love SEAT cars so moving to TDI FR seems a good choice. I also need better economy.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise