Went to see Mk3 today.....

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
...at Bartlett's St Leonards-On-Sea

Had our last two cars from them, a new Ibiza DAB in 2007 and a ex-demonstator Leon on 2009.

Have to say I was happy with the trade-in offer on the current car, in fact the whole finance package was interesting.
The last two cars were on ouright sale finance, the Leon costing £350pcm. Seat are offering a £1,000 cashback on their PCP finance @7.9%. We specced up a 1.4TSi FR with a bunch of extras coming in at a shade under £22K.

The max deposit on the PCP is 30%. With 36 repayments of £400pcm it would leave a balance of £3,200, with the capital in the current Leon and the cashback offer would more than cover that (providing we could leave it sitting in a savings account for 3 years untouched) so quite happy with the deal. They chuck 3 years free servicing in with the PCP.

As for the car, loved it. Far-far better on the inside than the Mk2, loved the Alacantara seats. Took a few cameraphone photos, have a peek on Dropbox

Sales guy assured me the SE had a body coloured rear bumper, sadly the battery still has the crappy cardboard cover.

All the best

Pub

Last edited:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I wish my car had labels on it telling me which end is the front and which is the rear. It would stop me from sitting in it facing the wrong way. ;)

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Thanks for posting Pub, i'm hoping to see it at Lifestyle in Brighton tomorrow.

Rob

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
I will have to have a run up there and have a look.
We bought our Altea 4 years ago from there and it's now for sale at The Garage The Green
We picked up a 2008 Ibiza 1.4 Sport and a 2007 Leon FR TDi FR from Bartletts over christmas.
Always seem to do a good deal and the Approved Used are always top quality.

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
I will have to have a run up there and have a look.

You'll have missed it by now, it'll be winging it's way to another dealer on Wednesday.

According to Bartlett's they'll be taking delivery of the new model in March, 3 door variants probably in June.

Can't quite believe a family hatchback with a decent spec is around £22k now, but having used the Golf, GTC and Astra configurators the Leon stacks up very well indeed.

The 1.4FR (how do they get 140hp out of a 1.4?) comes in at 119g/km which is Band C VED £30pa. There are some nice options in the pricelist (scroll down to the NEW LEON), in particular the Convenience Pack - Includes rain-sensing wipers, light sensor (with automatic coming and leaving home function) and auto-dimming rear view mirror all for £100.

The cabin is a really nice place to be. Only thing that made me raise an eybrow, which I forgot to mention earlier (working nights, it befuddles my brain) is despite having lovely bright, white LED headlights the fogs in the lower grille were yellow (by comparison) halogens.... and look pretty naff.

Can't see anything in the brochure or pricing info about LED fogs, that's a question for them next time I'm in.

Much love

Pub

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi Scott

Its at Lifestyle SEAT in Bright from lunchtime today until 19.00.

Rob

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
have a look on drive the deal, i specced the 1.4 FR up and got it under 18k

Thanks for that. With the same options it came in at £19,418 rather than the £21,815 quoted by my local dealer. However they include the cashback offer I mentioned in that figure and they don't take trade-ins, which I think was quite generous from my dealer.

Good site though, certainly worth a look.

Much love

Pub

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Just saw it today in Preston.

Surprised how much legroom the front has, pumped the seat down and back and I could nearly fully stretch my left leg out ( I'm pretty tall).

I know the Ibiza is a smaller car but I do the same in that and my knees basically at a right angle!

northernmonkey

What can I say...I've been at it again!

Been reading about all the specs and looking at the pics of the new Leon for a little while....just 'enquired' about the feasability of changing my current one which i've only had for 6 months on vwfs and ended up biting the bullet and putting a deposit down on one of these little baby's....can't wait!!

Ended up going for red to remind me of the Ibiza FR I miss so much and the pano roof again...The deal on the tech pack was too good to miss and decided to go the whole hog and add the 'titanium pack' with the nice 18's and silver mirrors!

Does anybody find the 'standard' wheels on the FR rather dull and disappointing??!!

northernmonkey

I went for the 1.4 tsi petrol. Would have loved a 1.8 with dsg again but I think i'd spent enough lol!

I went to look at the one doing the rounds on the 'leon tour' at IMG in Warrington as I missed it at my local in Preston and I can't stress how amazing the interior is on this car. I really didn't expect what I saw...its such a massive massive leap in design and quality.

April can't come soon enough!

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
I think that I will also get an order in before the end of March so that I can take advantage for the £500 Technology Pack. I will probably go for the 1.8 FR Tsi and I am seriously considering DSG but will just have the standard wheels.
I haven't decided what colour yet.

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
went to barlow motors today to see new leon

hi i went to barlow motors today to see new leon i had already ordered the fr 184 diesel in nov but the bad news was they told me they spoke to seat and 184 not coming till next year so ive opted for the 150 diesel with technology pack 18" alloys convenience pack and when they are availiable will have side skirts and rear spoiler also opted for white .