what bulbs and removing scratches from headlight

Apr 14, 2011
got a pair of brand new headlights off eBay for when I change my bumper. there slight diffrent style but got them for 25 quid :) got a set of h7 8k hid kit, what bulbs are best for my side lights. I realli want white but Smd ones keep blowing and are now blowing fuses. is there any other kind I can use. also what are silvertech indecator bulbs ? are they clear ? and we're would I get some.
what bulbs are used in fog light as I want to get some white ones for these and for the high beam to match my hid kit

finally can I polish scratches out of headlamps ? they may be new but theres a bit of storage damage

thanks a lot Tom

Sep 23, 2009
Bedfordshire
Silvatech bulbs i believe are even avaliable at Halfrauds, although eBay will be cheaper. I'm going to get some soon! Can't really help with the others, sorry!

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Scratches.

If there not too deep then any paint cutting / polishing compound will bring them up.
If they are deep then you best bet would be to purchase a headlight restore kit from ebay which comes with wet and dry paper, compound and a drill mop attachment. ;)

Apr 14, 2011
didn't know you could get such a kit :) and thanks for the tip on we're to get the bulbs !, hopeing tjhese ones dnt condensate like my old ones which have also colour faded :-/

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
for sidelights i have these cost a little more then others, ran them since September with no problems and i do a lot of night driving, had ebay specials before but all seem blow within a week or so (buy cheap buy twice)
would post url but need 15 posts just search prism white sidelights and you should find them

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
for sidelights i have these cost a little more then others, ran them since September with no problems and i do a lot of night driving, had ebay specials before but all seem blow within a week or so (buy cheap buy twice)
would post url but need 15 posts just search prism white sidelights and you should find them

Don't you use dipped beam at night? It friggin pi*ses me off when people only drive with sidelights on at night :censored:

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
Don't you use dipped beam at night? It friggin pi*ses me off when people only drive with sidelights on at night :censored:

yes i do but sidelights are on when dipped beam is on aswell? thats how my polo was which is what i ran them in, have a set to go into the biza just havnt got round to fitting them yet

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Yeah they do, but the way you said it above makes it sound like you only use sidelights. Plus, when the dipped beam is on, that should be brighter than the sidelights.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.