what clutch!!!!

dpn.k1

hi, i resently had revo stage 2+ tune up, and now my clutch is starting to slip! i want sumthink the can take the power but stil retane the standard feel (light)???

thanks dan

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
have just ordered a sachs as they have good reviews. They are probebly one of the more expensive clutches but are highly recommended. I think the helix are very good also but less widely used. As long as you don't go for a single mss flywheel you shouldn't get much more vibration/noise than standard.

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone know which sachs clutch is best for a cupra on stage 1 wanting to go to stage 2? The JKM website only lists a racing clutch for the cupra, but the sachs website lists a racing one and a performance one that is good for 480 Nm

nickydobreanu

I believe that also SouthBend is a good choice. I have got Stage 3 SouthBend for my RevoStage2+ Cupra and I will be installing it next week together with the Quaife LSD.

I understood that the pedal is softer with SouthBend and I tend to use different things than most of the people. In the end, you must just make sure it won't fail under increased torque...the rest in only a matter of choices. Good luck!

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
I had a south bend clutch in mine and the pedal was alot harder than oem i thought, it was abit to bard for my likeing so i had it taken out but its down to personal preferance

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
Have you gone back to standard then mate or another make?

Yeah went back to oem but i was up at vw racing the other day and had a feel of one of there clutchs and it felt just like oem so if i do ever replace it will be with one of theres, but the oem one seems to be holding up okay

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Yeah went back to oem but i was up at vw racing the other day and had a feel of one of there clutchs and it felt just like oem so if i do ever replace it will be with one of theres, but the oem one seems to be holding up okay
Do you know what the VWRacing clutch is rated to mate? Did you get a fitted price from them too?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I'm surprised none of you have experimented with a manual boost controller which will allow you to remove the initial boost spike and hold torque a little better to the red line. maxing at and maintaining 300 ft/lbs will keep your stock clutch in good order for many years with no loss of performance on the road.

Poverty

I'm surprised none of you have experimented with a manual boost controller which will allow you to remove the initial boost spike and hold torque a little better to the red line. maxing at and maintaining 300 ft/lbs will keep your stock clutch in good order for many years with no loss of performance on the road.

This could be possibly a good tool to have, although I think one of the reasons why no one has bother is because we can adjust the boost with the revo sps plus which allows better pulling to the redline, although it would be nice to be able to make the power build up a little more progressive when the roads are greasy.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Do you know what the VWRacing clutch is rated to mate? Did you get a fitted price from them too?

Providing everything is in good nick i.e dmf, cover plate and pressure plate, then vwracing will fit a paddle clutch for £600 or you can get a diff fitted for £1050 and the price of the clutch on top of that as fitting will be free.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members