What colour Wheels 2017 Leon FR SC 1.4 Emotion Red

Shrekker

Jun 4, 2021
Hi , I want to change the colour of my wheels from silver to another colour , I know people say Black , But i had them on my white leon and
They showed brake dust very badly. What colour would you have them powder coated ?

Many Thanks

Steve

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Which wheels do you have on your car? Some styles of alloys suit certain colours better than others - IMHO, alloys with wide, thick spokes don’t look that great in dark colours.

Without knowing what alloys you have, I’d say go for a ‘shade of grey’ such as anthracite, smoked chrome or gunmetal. Those colours all work well with a red car, and they hide brake dust well. If you’re feeling brave, you could go for bronze.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Just forget changing the colour if they're the standard FR 18" wheels, get some new ones.

CMWheels do good replicas and the pretoria set looks really good on a leon, but stick with 18" if you do change. Gun metal looks really nice and its actually on my shopping list for next year

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Just forget changing the colour if they're the standard FR 18" wheels, get some new ones.

CMWheels do good replicas and the pretoria set looks really good on a leon, but stick with 18" if you do change. Gun metal looks really nice and its actually on my shopping list for next year
I would rather have a gen set in anthracite than a replica set designed for a golf.

Just my opinion

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Dont go replicas, they are generally either too sof or hard and prone to cracking bending and have bad powder coating or painting that will only last a year.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members