What did you and your ateca do today?

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
The Leon side is so much more active and a they have a few regular posts. This and pictures of your Leon’s.

Should be a be good way of seeing what the others get up to etc.

Standard snow foam shot
566b693d93ef2d17bc5d8063543f74ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tell and Syphon

Tell

Staff member
Well we inspected tread wear with the view to the all weather tyres. Still looked fine. (Sort of). Had measured them before, did not this time.

Looking very grubby. Got covered in wheat drying dust which I suspect a few Leon owners might have kittens about. 100 yards from the machine which ran 12 hours a day for a couple of weeks. The last day the wind changed and by that stage the husk stuff was drying really well and coming off in clouds. It cycles round into a dryer. A neighbour moved out, she'd had enough.

Needs a good wash. Pesky spiders round here leave their dirt on it as well. Rural life. Crop rotation next year we may be fine.

Obviously looking for that mib2 standard June update. German boards get most upset about the delay. Suspect it was a big screw up rather than COVID-19. All quite on that.

Reactions: Syphon

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Any good??

Yes,
Can get 2 different views on the virtual dash.
Smal icon at the top right.
Or
Large in the center.
One thing I have discovered since activating it, is the speed limit is 30kph on the street to my house.
I always thought it was 50kph LOL

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Getting the spider dirt off mine and the ground toasted wheat husk effect from the local farm.

Checked the rear door where people got preoccupied in the early days about anticipated corrosion with the wheel arch shared door. Fine. Removed one stone from the vein in the door, the light hole drainage point (wash behind the Ateca ears bit). Wasn't showing any signs of mud getting spun threw the seal. Happened in the early days. Did wonder whether the garage had silently changed the seal since there was a production upgrade circa 2016. No big deal there.

Next check the tyre pressures, oil level and fluids for a drive to Eng-le-land as they call it round here ;). Use the Ateca for the long haul drives and the Arona for local country lanes / shopping. Got a booster seat for that :unsure:.

Tell

Staff member
New tyres:
20200917_171948.jpg
20200917_171959.jpg

The Ateca became a self respecting 4Drive on all weather tyres today, got the discs and the rest done. After four years the factory fitted Bridgestone Dueler were showing wear and the rubber was cracking.

These will be good for any snow we might get. Live 1.5 miles off the main road up a hill in rural Wales in a village... these should stop you from getting stranded in or out - we hope. No discernable sound difference.

Nb. They are Crossclimate SUV, reviews:

Last edited:

microgerry

Apr 11, 2007
Connah's Quay, Flintshire
New tyres:
View attachment 18281 View attachment 18282

The Ateca became a self respecting 4Drive on all weather tyres today, got the discs and the rest done. After four years the factory fitted Bridgestone Dueler were showing wear and the rubber was cracking.

These will be good for any snow we might get. Live 1.5 miles off the main road up a hill in rural Wales in a village... these should stop you from getting stranded in or out - we hope. No discernable sound difference.

Nb. They are Crossclimate SUV, reviews:

What size are they please? I wanted them for mine but the size was not available!

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
What size are they please? I wanted them for mine but the size was not available!

I got them from Protyres, the price seems to be standard where ever you get them from, mine are 19" 225/45 R19. Stick your registration into their site and it offers you what they were built with in the options, so pick yours out as currently fitted.

Blackcircles and Michelin all work on this basis. Since the three website came up with the same price locally went to Protyres.

As said I got all four tyres done, discs etc. Don't think the discs are VAG ones. Use to use Protyres on my old Altea and found them fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: microgerry

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Check eaziwrap or other shops. Really good and well cut vinyl you can black kits. Did the badges on my Leon.

Thanks for the idea. However, I can see no easy way of removing the Ateca lettering, wrapping, plus putting them back straight. Unless you meant something else.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
There pre cut lettering and very thin. But went on there shop last night and there closed down till 25th October

Thanks, just went on their website to take a look. Nothing specific for Ateca lettering, but obviously they can cut it.

I'll get in touch with them if or when they re-open.