what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
My guess is that Admiral wouldn't authorise the potential repairs to the DSG box and the repair garage (understandably) didn't want to go putting the car back together, and then discovering that the transmission was knackered.
Such a shame too :(

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Update....

Admiral have called me again this morning to say that the car has now been written off :( :( :(

I now have the joy of dealing with settlement figures and looking for a replacement (cheaper!) car for the next couple of years...

Sorry to hear that do you know what happens now with your lease then? That’s always been a concern of mine as I’ve no idea what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Sorry to hear that do you know what happens now with your lease then? That’s always been a concern of mine as I’ve no idea what happens

Yep. VWFS (the lease company) provide a settlement figure to Admiral, and Admiral settle the lease. The only issue with that is, if Admiral's valuation and settlement offer is LESS than the settlement figure given by VWFS, then I have to pay the difference.

I'm hoping that, because it was virtually new and because it only had a few thousand miles on the clock, there shouldn't be too much of a variation but I'm preparing myself for the worst!

My advice? GAP INSURANCE!!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing..!

Reactions: cupra300uk

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
That's crap... but when you said they were doing 17k of repairs, my thought was would the repairer really get that much of the car repaired and right first time? Or would it be put back together and it'd end up with loads of niggles and you'd hate it.

At the moment, I'm gutted that it's been written off but as you've mentioned, there was obviously a lot of repair work which needed to be carried out, and I don't think that I'd have been 100% happy with the car having that much work done on it... I think in the long term it's probably better...

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Yep. VWFS (the lease company) provide a settlement figure to Admiral, and Admiral settle the lease. The only issue with that is, if Admiral's valuation and settlement offer is LESS than the settlement figure given by VWFS, then I have to pay the difference.

I'm hoping that, because it was virtually new and because it only had a few thousand miles on the clock, there shouldn't be too much of a variation but I'm preparing myself for the worst!

Ah yeah, I luckily opted for GAP insurance, so will this cover me fully in the off chance I do write my car off? Touch wood I don’t!

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Do you mind me asking how much extra the GAP was?

I can’t remember the exact amount, but I think initially it was around £220 and then I added some sort of Autoglym life warranty (some bollocks to increase the sale no doubt ) and the GAP insurance and it came to £264 p/m. Did they not offer it to you at the time?

Reactions: Tully1980

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

I must admit when I saw the photo of the damage I thought it would be a write off, when you look at some of the write offs on eBay with less damage apparent.
Was your car less than a year old as most insurance companies will do a like for like replacement if that is the case.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
On a side note, this has now reignited a niggling desire of mine to get an Alfa Cloverleaf just to scratch an itch!
I was considering one of them before I bought the Cupra, as I had a Giulietta before - but after looking at the NCAP tests for it, you'll have more than an itch to deal with if you ended up piling that up.
Yeah I came from an Alfa MiTo, and had a look inside a Giulietta...honestly, inside they are pretty awful considering what you can get in new cars now. The Uconnect system is terrible, and the ride is incredibly harsh for something that's not even a sports car (I had the TwinAir in my MiTo, 2 cylinder thing). Don't forget that they are just Fiat's in a different shell, and they do still go wrong a heck of a lot.

The Giulia, on the other hand...I would take one of those any day of the week!

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I must admit when I saw the photo of the damage I thought it would be a write off, when you look at some of the write offs on eBay with less damage apparent.
Was your car less than a year old as most insurance companies will do a like for like replacement if that is the case.
It was only 3 months old, however because it was a lease car (and I didn't have the option to own it at the end of the agreement), the new car replacement didn't apply :(

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
Giulietta...honestly, inside they are pretty awful considering what you can get in new cars now
Yep - mine was well speced, because it was a company car I went crazy with the options, but I had to drop some because there wasn't enough slots on the factory ordering system.

It was the 1.4 Multiair Petrol which gave you 170 BHP. The engine was pretty amazing to be fair - but the general build quality was terrible. I remember seeing the bonnet flexing as I was washing it and most of the trim around buttons moved when you pressed them. Brilliant fun to drive - I imagine the Cloverleaf would keep you smiling.

DSC00005.JPG

This was the day it was delivered.

The NCAP report on mine (2012) was 5 stars, but now with the new tests, because it doesn't have crash avoidance or knee airbags etc it only gets 3 stars, which is why I walked away from the idea and got the Cupra

Also, no ANPR carparks ever worked because of the side mounted plate :)

Reactions: Peller

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
The problem with the Audi’s is they keep the special engines. The best thing about the rs3 is the 2.5tfsi. IMO one of the best sounding engines in the vag stable, only beaten by the b7 4.2fsi (rs4).

Just imagine if Seat were allowed to put the 2.5tfsi in a cupra...

How is the exhaust sounding now that you’ve had the blockage removed with the resi delete.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk