what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017
Got some good reflections there. Not easy with silver.

Thanks mate. Yeah it looked good at the time, although after some rain and a messy road later it looked like this

39f2d02643b842c62e5b6a6a704f8891.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
You fitted these parts yet? The elbow, tip and filter make much difference?

I did, had them fitted for around a week now and I think to be fair the difference is only noticeable under hard acceleration where the engine seems a little more eager due to the freer flow of air. I’ve heard a few occasional turbo noises that weren’t there before, but as it’s still the standard airbox it’s still nice and quiet and not chavvy.

The biggest difference though is the res delete, which I find sounds pretty much perfect to me, slightly deeper, slightly louder (albeit only on full chat) and the pops and cracks are definitely there in sport and Cupra modes but it’s subtle when you want it to be!

Reactions: Jordan Neill

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Jumped in the ST300 this morning and took a drive to my good friends Dale&Clive down at Clive Attowe tuning in Norfolk for the cars first service and a couple of other goodies. I use these guys instead of the main dealer as they have done a few things to my car..revo stage1,revo carbon intake system,cat back exhaust system,oil change,fixed panoramic roof lining. They have all ways been honest and straight with what needs to be done at a very reasonable price. I even ask them to change the haldex oil for me as a peace of mind as I read that it should be changed at 20,000miles,4 new NGK iridium spark plugs........ oh and I thought I’d better mention that to compliment the revo stage1 remap I had done a few months ago I’ve now got the revo dsg stage1. Have not had time to really try it out yet as it is absolutely pi***g it down here. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some drier weather and I can give it some beans.
IMG_0363.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Jumped in the ST300 this morning and took a drive to my good friends Dale&Clive down at Clive Attowe tuning in Norfolk for the cars first service and a couple of other goodies. I use these guys instead of the main dealer as they have done a few things to my car..revo stage1,revo carbon intake system,cat back exhaust system,oil change,fixed panoramic roof lining. They have all ways been honest and straight with what needs to be done at a very reasonable price. I even ask them to change the haldex oil for me as a peace of mind as I read that it should be changed at 20,000miles,4 new NGK iridium spark plugs........ oh and I thought I’d better mention that to compliment the revo stage1 remap I had done a few months ago I’ve now got the revo dsg stage1. Have not had time to really try it out yet as it is absolutely pi***g it down here. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some drier weather and I can give it some beans. View attachment 5234

If the Revo DSG map is anything like the RacingLine, you’ll love it :D

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
If the Revo DSG map is anything like the RacingLine, you’ll love it :D

@Damo H......didn’t pick the car up till about 3pm and then the heavens opened up and it hasn’t stopped raining yet. Not had time to really do anything in the car yet: launch control etc,but I must say even in comfort mode it feels so much smoother. Roll on tomorrow when I can give it a test.Didn’t know that you got the dsg remap too. Whats your opinion on it. Have you managed to drive it hard at all.

Reactions: Damo H

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Done a bit of soundproofing
1c72f1b04d96ecb91eea97c3a7dd3d3e.jpg

This -seems- simple for the boot, how easy / time consuming was it and how much difference did it make?
Biggest issue with my 2014 Cupra 280 SC is the loud tire roar and wind noise, second only to it's incredibly quiet exhaust.
It actually looks kinda neat too!

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
This -seems- simple for the boot, how easy / time consuming was it and how much difference did it make?
Biggest issue with my 2014 Cupra 280 SC is the loud tire roar and wind noise, second only to it's incredibly quiet exhaust.
It actually looks kinda neat too!
It took about 25 mins for the boot and about 45mins for the rear bench. I imagine it'll grate on the more OCD members as the logo and pattern isn't followed throughout. However, it'll never be seen, everything is covered and it does make a difference. Not a huge difference, but it muffles and silences the road noise really well. I guess if you have time and a bit of money to spare, you can get sound deadening foam instead which some people have done.

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
It took about 25 mins for the boot and about 45mins for the rear bench. I imagine it'll grate on the more OCD members as the logo and pattern isn't followed throughout. However, it'll never be seen, everything is covered and it does make a difference. Not a huge difference, but it muffles and silences the road noise really well. I guess if you have time and a bit of money to spare, you can get sound deadening foam instead which some people have done.

If you don't mind what padding did you get and how much did it cost? I'm new to all of this so I'm full of questions haha

Might well be my first mod.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
If you don't mind what padding did you get and how much did it cost? I'm new to all of this so I'm full of questions haha

Might well be my first mod.
I got Dynamat Xtreme - I think it's about £50 for a full boot kit. I bought it a fair while ago for my previous Cupra, and bought a couple of additional sheets when I got this car...but I still have stupid amounts left!

Reactions: Kothaex

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
I got Dynamat Xtreme - I think it's about £50 for a full boot kit. I bought it a fair while ago for my previous Cupra, and bought a couple of additional sheets when I got this car...but I still have stupid amounts left!

Thanks mate! I'm struggling to find a £50 kit, mostly finding the £150 bulk pack from UK vendors but that might not be a bad idea if I have a friend confident enough to tackle the doors...

p.s. just looked at your build thread to see the Cupra R... certainly something to behold. Been in love with them ever since I saw their grey one on display at Blade Seat Gloucester - it'll be mine one day!

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Thanks mate! I'm struggling to find a £50 kit, mostly finding the £150 bulk pack from UK vendors but that might not be a bad idea if I have a friend confident enough to tackle the doors...

p.s. just looked at your build thread to see the Cupra R... certainly something to behold. Been in love with them ever since I saw their grey one on display at Blade Seat Gloucester - it'll be mine one day!

When I bought my kit, it was listed as a boot kit, but in reality it was just 3 or 4 large sheets. Add that to the few sheets I already had left over from the rear bench of my last car, and then a couple more sheets I bought for the new car, I have essentially the 'boot kit' left over still. If you're looking at Dynamat, it's very flexible and very sticky, easy to cut and position. That's why I cut smaller pieces rather than large pieces as it's easier to manipulate into shape and position.

You should definitely get the R. You won't regret it ;)

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
When I bought my kit, it was listed as a boot kit, but in reality it was just 3 or 4 large sheets. Add that to the few sheets I already had left over from the rear bench of my last car, and then a couple more sheets I bought for the new car, I have essentially the 'boot kit' left over still. If you're looking at Dynamat, it's very flexible and very sticky, easy to cut and position. That's why I cut smaller pieces rather than large pieces as it's easier to manipulate into shape and position.

You should definitely get the R. You won't regret it ;)

I'm sure I wouldn't, but I'm 22 and the 2014 Cupra 280 was the cheapest on the market and still about 5k over budget :headhurt:
I'll wait for that promotion and for a price drop on used ones!... if it ever happens on those gorgeous limited edition models. A 2020 Cupra Leon might be cheaper in the end :cheeky:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
@Damo H......didn’t pick the car up till about 3pm and then the heavens opened up and it hasn’t stopped raining yet. Not had time to really do anything in the car yet: launch control etc,but I must say even in comfort mode it feels so much smoother. Roll on tomorrow when I can give it a test.Didn’t know that you got the dsg remap too. Whats your opinion on it. Have you managed to drive it hard at all.

Well can’t comment of a before and after remap as both done at same time. But I’d say after a week or so now it’s great. Not sure my wife’s figured outs it’s been remapped yet, as drives just as well if not better than before.

In comfort mode when I out my foot sown a little off boost, and then boost kicks in, it’s very noticeable now. And then you put it in cupra mode and it’s an animal. Absolutely love it.

I was a bit disappointed in the power delivery with the 4 drive compared to the 280, as it was just to easy. Tyres and strut brace meant it drives better than the 280 now. Have the confidence back now. So the extra power is very nice. Can’t imagine what stage 1 would be like with out the tyres and brace.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Done this myself, but get a poor finish on the badge. Which paint did you use??

I just used some Motip aerosol cans, matte black paint first along with the lacquer later. Although I did quite many layers of both, it did come out rather ugly with too much orange peel. But as it was all for 0EUR and only some wasted time, Im still happy with the result and the car looks much better overall.

Reactions: wms_F1
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.