what did you and your mk3 leon do today

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Easy mate, it sits under the black cover wich covers the wiper motor. Go on youtupe there are lots of vids on it, mainly on golf mk7 gtis. I took mine right out but you can just lift the cover and unplug it.

Do you have a link ?? ta in advance

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Did a spot of spring cleaning today and also disconnected the Soundaktor. It is weird driving without that noise, but better in my opinion!

20150320_154841_zpshlfmbdbd.jpg

20150320_154757_zpseoq9da2b.jpg

Rotrax

Jan 8, 2015
Aberdeenshire
Here is my shiny red Cupra too, fresh off the transporter 07:00 today. Was a VERY long day at work.
Finally got first drive chuffed to bits far too early to push it but lovin it all the same.
WP_20150320_07_16_40_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Well red is scientifically proven (according to my 11 year daughters vast experience of cars and colours) to be the coolest :bleh:

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
Do you have a link ?? ta in advance

If all you want to do is disconnect the thing then JDMStyle shows the process quite well, it's what i watched. It's in German but you don't need to know what's being said, unless you already understand the language :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHArNvd2TA

The actual process begins at 4:45 but he shows you how it sounds before and after

Last edited:

kentbloke

Jan 2, 2015
Greenhithe KENT
So def worth doing?

Big yes, not sure if its just a age thing but it sounded so false and it had to go. I took a few lads from work out in the car and switched it on, they both just couldnt believe how bad and cheap the sound was.
And if you ever think you like it the way it was its a easy job to plug it back in.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.