what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Went to the stealers to have my cracked light replaced... came out with this instead:

brokenlight.png

So they are having to order another one! Think I would have preferred my cracked one to this piece of crap!

While I was there ordered a chip repair kit to sort out a stone chip on the front and ordered the ratchet luggage straps for when I carry my spare set of wheels around.

james berkeley

Aug 8, 2014
Bloomin' weather can't be trusted anywhere it seems. How was it all the same?

Slippery.... I have the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres on which are brilliant in the dry but not so hot in the wet (hardly any tread!). Couldn't really push it through Eau Rouge..... That said, I was faster than most of the Porsche 911s and Ferraris there - too afraid to go for it they were!

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
LED Headlamps

Drove down south to Essex on Friday evening and used the LED headlamps at high speed for the first time and contrary to many other views on the Forum, found them really impressive, especially with main beam assist which reacted quickly and efficiently - no one ever flashed me!

In conjunction with the ACC it made for a really relaxing night drive of 225 miles + after a full day at work. Still not totally convinced about the lane assist, seems to take away some of the steering feel and makes it a little mushy.

Mind you the tiredness alert came on after around 3 hours at the wheel and I took it's advice and had a pit stop!

Had the car 3 weeks now and loving it - 1,500 miles mind, so must slow down using it otherwise it will be reps mileage before I know it!

Kernow

Jul 13, 2015
Went to the stealers to have my cracked light replaced... came out with this instead:

So they are having to order another one! Think I would have preferred my cracked one to this piece of crap!

While I was there ordered a chip repair kit to sort out a stone chip on the front and ordered the ratchet luggage straps for when I carry my spare set of wheels around.

Oh no! How did that happen? (Can't post the picture as I'm still too much of a newbie - should've registered and posted back in December when I first started browsing the forum)

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Well the original crack I have no idea... the photo posted is the replacement they fitted and looks like it got damaged in transit perhaps.

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
It needs applying in a back & forth motion rather than circular to minimise swirl marks. :)

Having just spent the thick end of 5hrs on the ST Cupra, I can concur the Autoglym resin polish and Extra Gloss Protection has not left and swirls following their instructions. Was too dark when I finished to get some pictures but I was mightly impressed. The Mrs wasn't tho....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.