what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Deleted member 103408

lump of aluminum that bolts to both sides of the car to reduce flexing, much like the strut brace works on the suspension mounts.

sales blurb

Leyo Motorsports braces for the VW and Audi MQB Platform are designed by Leyo Motorsports racing team with extensive R&D and road tests to ensure correctness & precision. These braces strengthen the chassis and minimize body flex during hard corning while optimizing suspension movement for improved handling. They are fabricated from 6061 Billet Aluminum. They are hard anodized to withstand the harshest of environments.

Spuddy01

Aug 30, 2018
Had changed all interior bulbs to led the other day & was waiting on the reversing bulb to arrive, which it did yesterday. I have now changed that over to led also which was very simple indeed. Now to see what else I can upgrade :)

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
lump of aluminum that bolts to both sides of the car to reduce flexing, much like the strut brace works on the suspension mounts.

sales blurb

Leyo Motorsports braces for the VW and Audi MQB Platform are designed by Leyo Motorsports racing team with extensive R&D and road tests to ensure correctness & precision. These braces strengthen the chassis and minimize body flex during hard corning while optimizing suspension movement for improved handling. They are fabricated from 6061 Billet Aluminum. They are hard anodized to withstand the harshest of environments.
Did it make more a difference to feel that the strut brace? I found the lower one on the MINI made a bigger difference than the top mount.

Deleted member 103408

Wont know till Saturday, just had a 20 minute drive from the garage and was not able to push it.

Strut brace I am still waiting for delivery so will get two track days in before that get's fitted I suspect then I can take it out with the strut brace and then after that will be some more testing with the Audi front sub frame to see (if the hype is true) if that keeps it stiffer as well.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Two new front tyres today... did a couple of launches on the way to the tyre shop to get my monies worth out of the remaining tread .

I was on a slight decline and dry road but the little lap timer thing measured my 0-60 at 5.2. Now I don’t for a second believe that my accuracy of hitting the steering wheel button was dead on both times but I doubt it was over half a second out so that’s at least the manufacturers time so I’m pretty pleased with my irrelevant measure of car manliness.

Either way, it’s good fun launching and leaving big 11 marks on the road. Must start to act my age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Why would you want to act your age.

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 18.41.21.png

cuprawill290

Jun 28, 2018
Northumberland
Not today but Tuesday i turned the fake sound off. car seems quiet now, still pops and rasps but without the drone from the soundaktor especially in Cupra mode. makes it much nicer to drive more so when just cruising on the motorway as there's not to much noise. I can now hear a nice intake woosh when giving it some 2nd to 3rd and a nice fart on change.

Reactions: Jay280

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Not much yet...... maybe @Maypack or anyone else may be able to help me on this one. As it is my birthday today one of my gifts was a dash cam. Can someone please show a pic of which fuse I should swap for when I use the hard wire kit, save me going through all the aether threads please. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Not much yet...... maybe @Maypack or anyone else may be able to help me on this one. As it is my birthday today one of my gifts was a dash cam. Can someone please show a pic of which fuse I should swap for when I use the hard wire kit, save me going through all the aether threads please. Thanks all.

Do you want ign. switched or perm 12v supply (or both) :)

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Do you want ign. switched or perm 12v supply (or both) :)
I’ve got mine wired up to the cigarette lighter for the switched and something else for perm. It I get the voltage fault because of the perm live I’m using.

Any tips on which perm live to use would be appreciated :)

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

Mines powered from the OBD socket and its permanently live as it records when parked up. There is battery protection built in so the battery can not drop below a certain voltage too.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members