what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
I’ve done both same mods on mine. Both make such a difference to the shape of the back end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Nothing today. Tried to start it, Battery is dead. Ordered a new AGM cell battery.
EuroCarParts wanted £469 for the same battery. Found it for £132 delivered. Robbing B******ds

Reactions: Walone

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
Anyone manage to find a good alternative for the ridiculous location of the cup holders? Like an air vent mount or similar?

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Nothing today. Tried to start it, Battery is dead. Ordered a new AGM cell battery.
EuroCarParts wanted £469 for the same battery. Found it for £132 delivered. Robbing B******ds
Need a new battery too. Would appreciate if you can share where you got yours from

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
i bought a S5 A08 Bosch AGM Car Battery 12V 70Ah Type 096 S5A08. i'll send you a PM with the link to where i bought it from. Did my research - EFB batteries are normally fitted on our cars. EFB batteries are widely used in vehicles with entry-level start-stop systems, usually without recovery of braking energy. AGM batteries (Absorbent Glass Mat) score with their high performance and durability. EFB batteries have been introduced as a lower tier option to AGM batteries in terms of performance and durability. Hope that helps

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
i bought a S5 A08 Bosch AGM Car Battery 12V 70Ah Type 096 S5A08. i'll send you a PM with the link to where i bought it from. Did my research - EFB batteries are normally fitted on our cars. EFB batteries are widely used in vehicles with entry-level start-stop systems, usually without recovery of braking energy. AGM batteries (Absorbent Glass Mat) score with their high performance and durability. EFB batteries have been introduced as a lower tier option to AGM batteries in terms of performance and durability. Hope that helps
Yes the AGM batteries are usually fitted to Seat with diesel engines, you will have to code the battery to the car so that it knows what type of battery is fitted.

Reactions: Mtailor

Cupra622

May 9, 2020
Gave the old girl a clean up..... Black cars always look the best, for 5 mins anyway... DSC_2263.JPG

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
Took some air out as the dealer sent it with 42psi and felt a little crashy. Whats the general consensus on PSI for the stock contis?

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Took some air out as the dealer sent it with 42psi and felt a little crashy. Whats the general consensus on PSI for the stock contis?
I am currently running 40psi front and 36psi rear. It was 37psi front and 33psi rear a few weeks ago as I am the only one in the car most of the time.

The slight difference has made the ride much firmer and handling doesn't seem as sharp IMO, might drop it back to how it was.

Reactions: AirBM

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
I am currently running 40psi front and 36psi rear. It was 37psi front and 33psi rear a few weeks ago as I am the only one in the car most of the time.

The slight difference has made the ride much firmer and handling doesn't seem as sharp IMO, might drop it back to how it was.
Thanks, i'll give that a go. I have 38 in the rears currently and it definetly needs to go down a little.

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
Ended up with the £6 air vent cup holder. Quick fit with velcro as it's not finalised yet. Holds well and even tested with a dodgey coffee cup.
20200821_134655.jpg

Reactions: sebastalian

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
My extremely heavy but small box of SilentCoat arrived today.
Got enough to do the boot and rear arches, I'll stick whatever is left in the doors.
Anyone done this to their Leon, if so how big is the improvement?

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Fitted some sticky tires about a month ago.
Finally got around and took some decent pictures of these bad boys.
Yokohama Advan Neova AD08RS.
Had the AD08R on two of my previous cars and they're amazing, super sticky soft compound with stiff sidewalls, same goes for the newer AD08RS.

tire.jpg
tire1.jpg
tire3.jpg

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Bought some detailing brushes and spent 45 mins removing the algae and crud that developed over the last year in all the gaps and nadgery bits. Properly cleaned wheels and de-tarred .

From last September until the New Year it rained nearly every day where I am in the UK, the result was stuff growing on the car! underside of the headlights, gap at the top of the boot lid, all window seals, wing mirror mounting points, fuel filler area etc All now nice and clean. Today its going to get a full clean, machine polish and seal.

4 years old so I reckon its time for a deep clean rather than my cursory wash. Having only ever been hand washed at least it's not covered in paint swirls.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members