What I did this weekend...

RichFred

Cleaned my bay up a bit as it was filthy, and fitted my carbon bit to the cover :)

apologies for poor quality phone pics...

the-bay.jpg

Also got round to fitting the cup holder (at last!), not the best fit if I'm honest, but it works and means I can have something other than coke to drink :clap:

holditup01.jpg

holditup02.jpg

holditup04.jpg

The best bit, i love this at night :D

holditup03.jpg

RichFred

What is the cup holder out of??

It's from an Audi A6, although it's too wide to fit in the slot for the card holder, nothing a bit of work with my trusty hack saw, file and stanley knife couldn't fix!

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
It's from an Audi A6, although it's too wide to fit in the slot for the card holder, nothing a bit of work with my trusty hack saw, file and stanley knife couldn't fix!

Any idea on price? Also how easy to fit as looks like it lights up with the rest of the dash lights on yours. I want one lol.

I imagine the light is just a backlight from lights that are already there shining through maybe? ( I could be wrong!)

Just called Audi, they said £27.10+vat for the cup holder from a '99-2005' Audi A6 front dash cup holder(holder is in Black).

Last edited:

Mat

I need a cup holder!!!

Although I do like having the card holder aswell :cartman:

RichFred

It lights up on it's own, i just wired it to one of the switches near it, I'm far too lazy to actually mod and sell them, but it's really not too hard to modify and make it fit, it does mean that the card holder won't fit right again though should you change your mind!

RichFred

The main holder isn't too wide, it's just the housing it sits in that is too big.

As a brief guide, I trimmed the sides of the cup holder far enough that it would sit into the dash right, and then cut lots of plastic from the old mount for the card holder inside the dash, i then took the front off the holder, cut the edges off and filed them down to make it less wide, then glued them back on. Finally i filed the opening on the radio fascia a bit at the top and bottom of the opening to enable it open right.

Probably not one for the faint hearted, but it wasn't too difficult, only thing i would do differently is to use gel superglue instead of the runny stuff as i got some on the front which is bugging me! I may be buying another just for the front plate and re-doing that!

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Who the hell actually put their cards in there anyway? Cup holder FTW! Silly Seat not puttin one in in the first place! Do you think one from a polo or golf would fit better?

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Who the hell actually put their cards in there anyway? Cup holder FTW! Silly Seat not puttin one in in the first place! Do you think one from a polo or golf would fit better?

i keep my tescos club card and occasionally my bank card in the card holder.... :D would love the cup holder though but dont like cutting the original dash up,

Mat

Seat did fit cup holders. 2 that are about an inch deep and don't even hold a large macdonalds drink :cartman:

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Seat did fit cup holders. 2 that are about an inch deep and don't even hold a large macdonalds drink :cartman:

if you talking about the holders in the glove box.... arnt they pance. !

why have the cup holder in the passenger side... when the glove box is down no room for passenger really-no good for driver over there, plus as you say they arnt deep so have any cup/can in it and either excellerate of turn a corner and it tips over.... :clap:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.