What interior?

gar074

Had a test drive in an FR with alcantara seats this morning, and the back of my shirt was literally sopping wet at the end of it (and I'm not prone to sweating). Does anyone else find they get sweaty in the alcantara seats?

Also, although all the SCs are supposed to come with sports seats, my dealer reckons that the standard seats on the S/SE are in fact different to those on the FR, because they are described in the SC brochure as "sports-shaped seats" whereas the FR seats are described as "sports seats". The only SC in SE trim that they had in the showroom had the alcantara, which looked the same as their FR (also with alcantara). I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's seen an SC with the standard cloth SE seats - are they the same as the FR, or are they different/inferior?

Last edited by a moderator:

cilurnum

Aug 6, 2013
Newcastle
I like suede as I have a suede chair at home and while these seats are comfy I think they'll be a nightmare to keep clean. I didn't get sweaty but I can imagine how you would. They really pull you in tight.

mattsleon

Aug 21, 2013
I must confess the Alcantara seats don't really do it for me and personally much preferred the standard FR seats so was more than happy to stick with them. I did toy with getting full leather but wasn't sure if I could live with that all ear round and would forever worry about scratches, especially with a dog and young nephew aboard.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Had a test drive in an FR with alcantara seats this morning, and the back of my shirt was literally sopping wet at the end of it (and I'm not prone to sweating). Does anyone else find they get sweaty in the alcantara seats?

Also, although all the SCs are supposed to come with sports seats, my dealer reckons that the standard seats on the S/SE are in fact different to those on the FR, because they are described in the SC brochure as "sports-shaped seats" whereas the FR seats are described as "sports seats". The only SC in SE trim that they had in the showroom had the alcantara, which looked the same as their FR (also with alcantara). I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's seen an SC with the standard cloth SE seats - are they the same as the FR, or are they different/inferior?

I was at a dealers yesterday looking at an alhambra and figured this out. None of the SC's come with the non sporty S spec 5dr seats. The difference between sport and sport style is the pleather bolsters and red stitching. This does explain it if you piece together the numerous foot notes and cross reference that with the spec chart: http://www.firstforseatcars.com/downloads/brochure/seat-leon-brochure-jul13.pdf

gar074

I was at a dealers yesterday looking at an alhambra and figured this out. None of the SC's come with the non sporty S spec 5dr seats. The difference between sport and sport style is the pleather bolsters and red stitching.

So, to borrow from Star Trek, they're sports seats, Jim, but not as we know it.

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
I was at a dealers yesterday looking at an alhambra and figured this out. None of the SC's come with the non sporty S spec 5dr seats. The difference between sport and sport style is the pleather bolsters and red stitching.

I take it you were at W Livingstone at Uddingston? ;)