What interior?

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Hi,

Just thinking the final spec of my new fr, wondering what were popular interiors. What lasts, is practical etc...

At the moment I'm tempted with the Alcantara sports seats with leatherette bolsters option.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I tried the Alcantara sport seats in the showroom model, they look nice but I found them a bit awkward because as soon as you sit in them you can't move around to get comfortable without lifting yourself out the seat and trying again!

That said, I liked them and they are on my spec for when I order.

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
It's gotta be the Alcantara with Leatherette Bolsters for me, the one I test drove had these, they look and feel great (plus they aren't too expensive either).

If I ordered I'd definitely tick that on the options list. :)

rooty

Standard FR seats seem fine to me, plus with kids alcantara might be painful to keep clean however much scotchguard they've got on them.

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Hello,

In the options list is states the Alcantara 'Sports' seat.

Does this mean there are fundamental differences between that and the standard seats other than just the material, ie. different shape, harder, etc...

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Ive got the alcantara at the wifes insistence....

Must admit, we argued about whether it ws worth the cost at the time, i think it was around £400 ?

Anyway, having sat in and seen the standard FR seats, I hate to admit she was right, the alcantara seats look and feel much classier.

Andy

unclelonghair

Jul 6, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
I was tempted by the alcantara having seen one with it in a showroom, but went for the standard interior in the end as I couldn't justify the extra cost. Not regretting it at the moment as the standard interior seems pretty nice, and looks like it will wear well.

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
sorry to bring this thread back up when i looked at the fr at the showroom it had the optional alcantara seat pack but ijust thought it was stock i have now learned that its an extra

would it be possible for a few of you guys to post some pics of the normal sc fr interior or the the alcantara seat pack as i dont know what the stock seats look like so if there not as nice i will ring the dealer up and see if its possible to add the alcantara seets on

thanks liam

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
I went for the standard seats - I thought they were perfectly fine when I saw them (and sat in them) at the dealer.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Just use the configuration thing on the SEAT website. I went for full leather so I can move around in them and wipe them down + they look smart obviously

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
had a look on the car configuration but its hard to get a good idea as its just animated "\

is the main difference its black Swade instead of normal cloth ?

Last edited:

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
I should clarify that I went for the SC in FR trim - I wasn't as keen on the standard seats on the 5dr Leon!

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
just had a look and found some on google images and i do like the upgraded ones alot did any one manage to get them at a good price if so what ? also are they just as hard wearing ?

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
had a look on the car configuration but its hard to get a good idea as its just animated "\

is the main difference its black Swade instead of normal cloth ?

Yer the Alcantara seats are basically suede-ette, they hold you in place when you sit in them. I thought they looked a lot nicer than the standard fabric seats.

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
Yer the Alcantara seats are basically suede-ette, they hold you in place when you sit in them. I thought they looked a lot nicer than the standard fabric seats.

thanks i believe my car has been ordered but was only 3 week ago so hopefully it hasnt started to be built yet and i can add those seats to my order but knowing my luck they wont let me lol

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
I think the Winter Pack makes sense if you're going for leather seats - my current car is full leather and has heated seats.

I went for the standard cloth on my SC FR, so didn't feel the Winter Pack was worth getting.

Jun 15, 2013
From past experience I would never touch Alcantara. It may look nice in the showroom when new but cleaning it is very difficult and after use it starts to go shiny and polished, basically it looks old very fast. The Faux leather side bolsters are just as bad. The surface scratches easily but unlike real leather you cannot polish them out. Zips on trouser pockets make a real mess real quick.

We chose the SE since it has good old fashioned cloth.

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
After comparing both types, Alacantara and the standard fabric decided to go for standard. This was due to past experience of suedette type seating marking easily.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.