What MPG are you getting from your tdi

HamO

Leon Cupra TDI 150 - Hybrid turbo, Custom remap, 240BHP with 400lb of torque. Beasting her i get 38MPG and on a run the trip says 66 but i worked it out at 51 MPG. Bargain tbh

Mar 19, 2010
My car has gone from average 50 - 55 to 40 now.... All since we had a Rainey day in
My area .....

Kane1506

Is there any obvs reason why i am gettin such rubbish mpg from my diesel?

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
Is there any obvs reason why i am gettin such rubbish mpg from my diesel?
I might be wrong but wonder if your Mass Air Flow sensor could be knackered. I seem to remember poor mpg is a clue. Does your car feel down on power too?

That's my guess anyway...am sure some bright spark on here will know. Do a search there's bound to be other's who've had the same issue. Good Luck.

Mar 19, 2010
Is tha maf just after the air box as my clip was not on the hose and it had moved slightly... Should I try cleaning it?

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
The MAF is just after the airbox on the turbo side of the intake.

I'm being totally honest in saying I'm not sure that your MAF is why your MPG is down fella (do some research on this forum and others). Ideally it'd be good if you could do a VagCom scan and check your MAF's readings while the engines running to make sure. Failing that, get a knowledgeable mechanic to check it out - one who won't bs you.

I've heard different things about cleaning MAF's...some say it works and others say it doesn't. If you clean it do use proper cleaning solvent and be super careful - use a very soft artists brush. The other thing being cheapo MAF's from ebay might not work for long.

Mar 19, 2010
My clip was not on properly and the hose had come off slightly, Could this of affected it when wet?

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
My clip was not on properly and the hose had come off slightly, Could this of affected it when wet?
I suppose if the air flow is iffy because of the pipe not being on properly that could have affected the maf's readings. I'd check the mpg is okay now you've put the pipe back on before doing anything else. The maf sensor has to be clean so I hope no water has got on it while yer pipes been wonky as it might be dirty now.

Mar 19, 2010
Can't get it above 42 on average now .....used to get 50 average on a run. I'll clean it and make sure it's all solid again, think I need new boost pipes also , so I'm just considering a fmic

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
Knocking around town, getting about 37 - loving that as my old Clio (Also auto) used to average about 27) - short motorway run to Southampton Airport this evening saw MPG crep up to ~44 after filling from near empty with Shell.

Didn't reset the trip though as I was running late.

Kane1506

Hmmm i dunno it is still quite low for myelf having to put alot of diesel in considering the amount of driving im doing, booked in for a service in 2 weeks time so see if that will improve the fuel.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.