what mpg does a 1.8t return with mixed driving

gti power

Oct 1, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guy's new to forum but looking to buy a leon,now do i have a tdi or a 1.8t cupra?i would love a cupra r but only have a £3.5k budget what do you guy's think?
what mpg does a 1.8t return with mixed driving,any common fault's im told conrod's bend?

gti power

Oct 1, 2008
if you want mpg then obviously go tdi, if you want potential from an engine then go 20vt, mine gets about 30 mpg if im careful about 10 if im not! its 20vt by the way

well what if i got a tdi mapped? would it have the power of a standard 1.8t?
can you fit a dv that give's off a sound to a 1.8t? i know some bring on the EML?

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Best idea is go to a dealer and test drive both, but also take into account the potential power you could have with remaps.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Christ your lucky, my LCR has never managed an average of more than 35mpg on a very very steady ling drive. Usually manage an average of 26mpg over an a week.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
averaged 23.6mpg since april over 10k miles. its the smiles per mile that count though :whistle:

chrisphysics

SEAT Lover
Jun 22, 2008
Sheffield
My Leon FR petrol gets 35mpg tank average. That's based on commute from Sheffield to Leeds. I do between 70 - 90 on the motorway depending on traffic.

Tyler Owen

I've got a mapped Cupra saw 41 to the gallon on the computer on a 80 mile trip along the motorway keep it below 3k rpm for best economy starts getting thirsty above that was boring though

on a normal motorways run at 3.5k rpm i get about 33 - 36 mpg depending on the distance.

Used to have a 15 mile A road trip to work and average 22 on days i was late and 30 on days i wasn't !!

Gibbsy

depends really as everybody else has said. High 20' to mid 30's, depends on the run, on traffic on the air con. Generally as i live in sleepsville im getting 32mpg, when i get to a nice long open stretch of A road that can drop.

JoeV

Apr 28, 2008
Chester
I tend to average 34ish, lowest i see is 29 on a short journey. I drove economically for a week and easily managed 40+, just got a bit boring though!

Pegsy

Mar 28, 2007
I get about 30average. Thats with in town driving and motorway mixed. On motorway I get about 35 but that means sitting bout 75 being careful. Mine is a 20VT

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members