What to do!

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Hi everyone,

Currently drive an 2019 Ateca 1.5 TSI which comes to the end of its lease period with SEAT finance at the end of July. I've had a Tiguan R-Line 1.4TSI DSG e-Hybrid on order since January (order was put in by the lease company October 2021) and as it stands, it still has no build date.

I'm getting a bit tetchy now over what to do, and as such I've been looking at other options. Now, as I've already paid a 'Broker fee' to my lease company (the Tig still came out cheaper than elsewhere, even with the fee) I feel like I'm a bit stuck with them so have looked at other options that they have listed and the Formentor is one of them. I have the choice of either a 1.5TSI V2 DSG or a 2.0 190 4Drive V2 DSG, both are quoted at 12-14 week factory order delivery with the suppling dealer. I like the look of the Formentor, it's just the boot and rear space that is putting me off - does a child seat fit in OK? Obviously with the Ateca we have buckets of space in both the rear and the boot.

Over on the Tiguan forums it's looking dire. The factory has been shut and there is a serious supply issue with wiring harnesses and chips. I think the fact that I've gone for the hybrid isn't helping matters either.

Could that estimate be right, is it really only 12-14 week delivery from factory order at this point with Formentors (excl. Hybrids)?

Basically my conundrum is do I stick with the Tiguan order (originally estimated as a July delivery) or do I swap over to a Formentor order and hope it comes end of July/Start of August? Get your crystal balls out :ROFLMAO:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
If you haven't already done so, have a scan through the numerous posts on here regarding delivery times. Although it appears currently that some deliveries are coming through, there still seems to be no consistency and it appears the general consensus is that any lead times quoted by dealers or brokers (as you've found with your Tig) should be taken with a pinch of salt, unless they can prove that they have the car you want actually in transit from the factory.

Reactions: Gbbeesls

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
There is quite a bit of space in the backseat and the boot. I came from an XC60 and admittedly it's smaller but loads of room in the back for tall adults even behind my seat when driving (6ft).

It's quite a deceptive car and have a child seat in there with no probs.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
I traded my 64-plate Tiguan for a VZ2 and picked up the new motor a few weeks ago. I won't go into the fabulous ride and performance, but my 6'4'' son gets in the back seat sat behind my 5'8'' missus with no issues, plenty of room, both leg and head. The boot isn't as big as the Tiguan, but easily get a massive food shop in there. The dog (about the size of a big spaniel) has plenty of room to sit up, lay down and generally be a PITA. I can't help with delivery times...fwiw, I waited over 9 months (bloody worth it though!).

Fk2

Apr 15, 2022
Why not scan auto trader for cupra dealers with stock coming in, get a pcp with them, only 2.9% Apr at moment. If you do without any extras which tbf you can live without then you could be driving a new one within 4 weeks like myself. Once I get the car bug there's no way I could wait 12/14 weeks. Got a 1.5tsi v2 in black and its ticks all the boxes so far.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise