What's it worth

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Thinking of replacing the Altea for a New Model.
Looking for an indication from the forum Members on what my current Model would be worth (either trade in or forum/private sale)
Purchased at 3 month old (one of the first Altea's available in the UK)- so is 2 owner , dealer + me its an 04 2.0TDI Sport - 78K with Full Dealer History, all brake fluid changes done etc as per manufactures recommendations.
7 Stamps + All Service Receipts - Tinta Black Metallic - All Standard. Garaged Daily since New.
Absolutely no problems with the Car - Would say pretty much excellent condition.
Looking for some help on a value to decide if I pursue the Seat Dealer Trade in Route or the Private/Forum Sale.

Thanks in advance.

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Guy's , still looking for an idea.
Popped in to a local dealer today to discuss changing and basically was insulted in what they thought was a fair offer as a trade in...........

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Trade in value's are always about 70% of the private sale value, as the trader needs to be able to sell the car on for a 'profit'.

Personnally, without spending too much time looking at other motors, I reckon you're looking at about £6k or there abouts for a 2004 reg car.

Hope that helps ;)

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
I expected it to be worth around the 5K - £5500 mark on a Private Sale.:)
The Dealer started his estimate at 3.7K which i thought was an absolute Joke:(

cherryone

Dec 15, 2006
There was a nice 05 example similair spec on pistonheads.com for 5.5k about 2 weeks ago !

markirel

faster on 2-wheels
Apr 7, 2006
Midlands
I traded an identical "54" car in at the main dealers 12-months ago with 45k, FSH, 17's and towbar for £8k which I considered as good as I got offered £6.5k at a car supermaket and £7.5k at a VW dealer.

I reckon being one-year on, an "04" and higher miles yours will be around £5-6K at a dealer and £4.5-5k private.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.