What's its name in English?

txavi

Hi,

I need your help...Can you tell what's the name of this "item" in English please?

As I don't know hot to attach photograhs, I write the link to the website.

ww.maquipal.com/racores.htm

With this item, you don't need to "make a hole" on the hose to install a Vacuum/Boost gauge.

Thanks a lot

txavi

That's right,
you put it there and it's easy to install, but I don't know the name in English...I've trying to find it in different websaites but no results...

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
MAP sensor adapter, if you look in the pics it shows the map plugged in through it, and it looks like it spaced it out of the airflow, maybe to fool the ecu to boost more? also has a vac take off nipple.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
ahh, that makes sense then - it won't give it any more boost - just a take off.

good idea then :)

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
Yes, its a common item to fit a boost gauge on cars with external mounted boost sensor.
Older cars have the boost(MAP)sensor in the ECU, an so there is a little hose going into it which can be spliced of with a "T" to recieve the readings on the boost gauge.

Newer cars with external boost sensor dont have this hose.

For that is the adaptor. (Made in germany*g*, not Spain*g*)

txavi

Map sensor adapter...Thanks a lot!!

Majesty, Why do you say..(Made in germany*g*, not Spain*g*) ? I mean, Is it so important where is the adapter from?

One more thing Majesty, I see you are from Austria...I want to find (and buy) the Map sensor adapter but in Spain is a bit expensive (for me). Can you tell me where can I find and buy in your country or in another one? (the website).

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario3322

Hi txavi,can you give me your mail ( in my profil message) ?I have some questions .
Thanks a lot.
:cheers: