What's that unplugged under my Glovebox?...

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Dramatic title I know... but for anyone who has a 1.4 1996ish, take a look under your glovebox / fusebox. There's a brown connector block - one of the wires in this connector block are disconnected in my car :confused:... what is it? There's one rather thick cable - could be 15 - 30A maybe, and one thin wire same colour. I was just curious... If you're reading this and thinking WTF, I'll post a picture - can someone tell me how to do that?

Thanks again! :)

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
does your heater blower work? it could go to the heater matrix,

just a stab in the dark though

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
ah right! well it's not connected anyway - hmm sounds like a cigarette lighter maybe? And yeah - while we're on that subject - why doesn't my car have one?! Thanks for the response by the way! :)

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
There are no airbags in the car mate... thanks anyway!

It may still have redundant parts in the wiring loom though. Often it's more cost effective to have one design of wiring loom which is used for all models, even though not all of a loom will be used in every car.

So it may have some wiring which would be used if there were airbags......

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
take photo, go to a website such as www.photobucket.com (you may need to sign up for an account) and upload it. That should give you a URL (web adress) for the image.

To get it to show here, you need to 'tag' it with
after it (no spaces).

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
how do I post a photo people? Yeah I will GTV :)

If the image on tinterweb already then click the insert image above the text box you enter your reply in and copy the image location into their, if not upload the image to this account and get the image link from their... Hope that makes sense ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.