What's wrong with it?

mickeychr

Hi
I have a Leon fr tdi mk2. Occasionally the car is juddery to drive and feels like it isn't accelerating properly. When this happens i've noticed it idles at 1000 rpm. Even at a stand still it seems to vibrate more than normal. This happens approx once a week.

Any ideas why?

Thanks
Mick

belfastchris45

Apr 8, 2009
belfast
Hi
I have a Leon fr tdi mk2. Occasionally the car is juddery to drive and feels like it isn't accelerating properly. When this happens i've noticed it idles at 1000 rpm. Even at a stand still it seems to vibrate more than normal. This happens approx once a week.

Any ideas why?

Thanks
Mick

Hi mate sounds like DPF is in regen. Drive a good 15-20 mins 4th gear 2k rpm. This should help you out

chris

Bretty

May 21, 2008
Lancashire
It means the diesel particulate filter in the exhaust which collects the soot and other diesel nasties has started a regeneration process that burns the soot particles at a very high temp instead of dumping it into the atmosphere

Martin_DSG

Apr 26, 2009
Stevenage
read through that link and im not sure if im reading it right.
active regen means that your car puts more fuel in to burn off excess soot? if so then that is shite.
if not, then how can your fuel injection make your exhaust hotter?

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
read through that link and im not sure if im reading it right.
active regen means that your car puts more fuel in to burn off excess soot? if so then that is shite.
if not, then how can your fuel injection make your exhaust hotter?

enviromentalists and their ways, you gotta love em'.

all sooties are going to have one before long.

another reason to avoid derv.

KzJF

Full Member on Wednesdays
Aug 7, 2009
So it's a diesel thing. I'm hoping no equivalent is present in the petrol versions?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.