Wheel Centre Caps

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Hi I need some help please. I'm gonna get my wheels refurbished but I'm not sure what centre caps I need from flee bay. What size do I need? 50mm?

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Did you get these, are they a good fit? I need some for my recently refurbed wheels but nearly 60 quid for legit ones isn't at the top of my list just yet. Not ruled it out totally though :)
Nah not yet but I will this weekend.. I can let you know what they are like bud

Reactions: MTi

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Did you get these, are they a good fit? I need some for my recently refurbed wheels but nearly 60 quid for legit ones isn't at the top of my list just yet. Not ruled it out totally though :)
Can you even get genuine ones?? I thoughts these were long gone.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
£60 sounds about right for genuine centre caps; the going rate for genuine VW centre caps is typically around £16-£18 per centre cap, so £64-£72 for a set of 4.

With VW, if you’ve got money to burn, there’s the option of dynamic centre caps where the VW emblem is always the right way up (like the Rolls Royce centre caps); pricey though are around £120+ for a set of 4! 😮.

Reactions: g60stu

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
The ones Alexis posted a link for are genuine ones i'd say?
Yes. Those are genuine, but not for the mk1. Maybe they fit, but I’m pretty sure genuine mk1 Leon ones are obsolete. If I could buy a set of 4 genuine for £60 I’d probably buy 8 of them!!🙂

MTi

Jan 19, 2021
Yes. Those are genuine, but not for the mk1. Maybe they fit, but I’m pretty sure genuine mk1 Leon ones are obsolete. If I could buy a set of 4 genuine for £60 I’d probably buy 8 of them!!🙂
Someone just nabbed em off ebay so must of been a good deal! wasnt you was it? :ROFLMAO:

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
A2D2B0DB-F866-4FAC-A6E5-E9F2E2C99D2B.png
AF6C7868-C935-45E2-BFFF-73E235A524BF.jpeg

Here’s the difference.
The top one is the later type I’ve had to get for the yellow car.
The bottom one is the genuine mk1 centre caps I have on the grey car.
Both bought from the same main dealer.
Got the genuine mk1 ones 7 years ago when I got the grey one, they must have still been available.
Had my kids playing a game of spot the difference. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Jay20VT

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
And another fing... Lol
What size wheel nut covers do I need?
I’m pretty sure they are 17mm.
Again, genuine mk1 ones have round holes in the middle and the new type ones have like a hexagon type shape in the middle.
I had to put a new type set on the yellow car but the one for the locking wheel nut is really loose so left them off.
may put a blob of blue tac on the back of them and stick them on.
Thought I had a set of spare original ones somewhere but I couldn’t find them in my stock.

Reactions: Jay20VT
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members