Where did you get your Brembo seals from?

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Im currently trying to source a new dust seal (or a seal set) for my Brembo calipers.

Was doing the pads and discs on Friday and noticed one of my seals was split.

Cant find them online, although iv sent emails to tuning/brake companies and will call tomorrow (including seat)

The only thing iv found that comes close is a seal kit for scooby sti's on ebay... which look similar, but dont want to risk the seals being different.

Cheers, Alex.

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
After 2 days of trawling Iv found somewhere that sells them.

Thought id post the contact on here, as I know quite a few of you are in the same boat from time to time.

www.racepads.co.uk .... they are a Brembo importer and keep all parts in stock, I spoke to Paul who was really helpful and took the order.

I should have them tomorrow.... im considering myself a lucky git right now!

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
I got my seals frome sere motors, brembos on the ICR and LCR are the same dust seals, hope that helps. The piston seals were from a place beside silverstone but cost an arm and a leg and werent required

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Alex, can you give us some more details about what you got and how much these were?

No probs, Iv just ordered some more as I am doing a complete strip-down and re-build.

(Correct as of 18/4/2010):

Outer dust seals are £7.40 each + VAT
Inner fluid seals are £5.35 each + VAT
Bleed nipples £4.00 each + VAT

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
No probs, Iv just ordered some more as I am doing a complete strip-down and re-build.

(Correct as of 18/4/2010):

Outer dust seals are £7.40 each + VAT
Inner fluid seals are £5.35 each + VAT
Bleed nipples £4.00 each + VAT
That's great cheers.

I've got a spare caliper as I have a leaking piston.
This is perfect for me, thanks again

Would you mind doing a thread on the main MK1 Leon section about this to aid others?

If you don't manage I'll do one when I get around to changing mine out.

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
That's great cheers.

I've got a spare caliper as I have a leaking piston.
This is perfect for me, thanks again

Would you mind doing a thread on the main MK1 Leon section about this to aid others?

If you don't manage I'll do one when I get around to changing mine out.

Yeah no worries, was going to document the refurb anyway, but will make sure I get a load of pictures and write up a step - by - step.

baz3385

The n/s Brembo caliper on my Ibiza Cupra R is shot to pieces. I sent it off to get refurbed and they sent it back saying the corrosion was so bad they couldn't do anything with it!! Does that sound like a legit excuse or do you think there is actually anything I can do to fix it??

Or has anyone got a spare one???

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
If the corrosion has started to pit the sealing area then it will not be able to be fixed.
It 'might' work by taking emery cloth to this and smoothing out the edges of the pitting but this could jsut be a waste of time.

Who did you send this to to get refurbed?
Do they perhaps sell calipers ;)

baz3385

I don't think they do sell them to be honest mate, it was a company called AMK from Gateshead. I'll try take a few pictures of the caliper tonight and post them.

Bit stuck now though, the car is off the road and a new caliper from Seat is £481+VAT!!! Reluctant to pay that and can't find a second hand one anywhere.

Are there any other options do you think?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I don't think they do sell them to be honest mate, it was a company called AMK from Gateshead. I'll try take a few pictures of the caliper tonight and post them.

Bit stuck now though, the car is off the road and a new caliper from Seat is £481+VAT!!! Reluctant to pay that and can't find a second hand one anywhere.

Are there any other options do you think?
Try David at SereMotors (forum sponsor in Dealers section) for a better price.
You can get 2 x LCR Brembo calipers from him for £500 inc VAT

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Baz, try and upload some photos.

Sounds like a bodge, but may be worth a try.... use metal filler / epoxy to fill in the corrosion, then sand to the correct shape, I know the araldite stuff I use for refurnishing alloys has a high temperature resistance.

May be worth a go as a last-resort.

baz3385

Cheers for the advice Willie....just rang David and he can get me one for £306. Still pricey but a hell of a lot cheaper so thanks a lot :)

Alex, i'll take some photos when I get in and upload them so you can tell me if its worth a shot or not. Pretty desperate for the car to be back on the road now though so might just take the plunge at £306.

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Cheers for the advice Willie....just rang David and he can get me one for £306. Still pricey but a hell of a lot cheaper so thanks a lot :)

Alex, i'll take some photos when I get in and upload them so you can tell me if its worth a shot or not. Pretty desperate for the car to be back on the road now though so might just take the plunge at £306.

Hi mate,

How did you get on? Did you get a replacement?
Will you be getting rid of the shot calliper?

baz3385

Alright mate,

I ended up ordering the new one from David for £306 and it should arrive by Friday. Just want the thing back on the road now.

The old caliper is just sat in my garage in bits now, not really of any use to me!! You wanting to have a mess about with it to see if its repairable?

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Hi Mate,

Ah fair enough, sometimes its just easy enough to replace a dodgy part.

Im going to sound like a right scavenger, but yeah, if you wouldnt mind, id like to see if I could have a crack at repairing it, Ill cover postage and whatever you want for it - Drop me a PM or visitor message...

baz3385

Hi mate sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on here since! Yeah no bother i'll send it to you. If you can cover postage costs that'll do for me :)

PM me your address and i'll get it posted.

Finally got mine back on the road on Sunday, new caliper turned up and I got it straight on!!

billy2981

The wonders of Google lol,
Just found this page and I called them up,

A set of dust covers from White Dove in Cardiff is £45.52 just called this place in Catterick and a full set inc postage is £40.88 and I should get them tomoz or Wed all being well. Would prob be a fair bit cheaper from TPS but tbh I cant really wait as they had to order them and getting hold of TPS is hard lol as they are constantly busy.

Great find Alex

seatterra

there are seals kits a seat dealers for £46.80inc are they not what you want call me for a picture 0161 624 4909 david cook motors seat dealer

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.