where is ??

booalhambra

hello
where on my alhambra 1.8 20vt auto will i find the diagnostic port ?
also i have the the epc light on the dash is the replacement swich a dealer part only ??
just to clarify this is the throtle controll swich under the pedal ?

thanks for looking

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The diagnostic port is under the ashtray - you have to take the ashtray out.

EPC is the Electronic Pedal Control, and is probably the sensor attached to the pedal. It's a twin-tracked potentiometer, as far as I know. Certainly not a switch.

booalhambra

Thanks for the reply. My epc light is intermittent now but I need to get this sorted asap . Is this a main dealer part only ? Also any idea on cost ?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Get the fault codes read to find out what the ECU thinks the problem is - a dealer or properly equipped independent can do that (but will charge) or you could use a code reader, or get VCDS from Ross-Tech and read the codes yourself with a suitable cable. VCDS-Lite, which is free to down load, will work on the Mk.1 Alhambra to read and reset codes, but needs to be registered to unlock the full functionality.

Ross-Tech's compatibility charts show that later cars, such as the Mk.2 Alhambra, use the CAN-bus which can only be accessed by the full version of VCDS.

I've never needed a pedal sensor, and I don't know if it's available separately or if you have to buy the whole pedal assembly. The few pictures I've found make it look like a single unit. David at Sere Motors, in the forum's UK Dealer section, will advise on part availability and give you a competitive quote including postage - you could compare it to your local dealer.

You could always try checking the connector and giving it a clean with contact cleaner.

Last edited:

booalhambra

just to update this the diagnostic port is under the drivers side fuse pannel

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.