which air filter for my LC

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is a video on here somewhere that shows absolutely no gains from changing the air filter - search for straight through exhaust
It's for a diesel but interesting all the same

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
I've seen a dyno test on a skyline where they try standard, a performance panel filter and a cone, and the cone and panel filter are both pretty much the same but are both better than the standard filter. Around 4 or 5 hp gained if I remember rightly. And the tuner I spoke to on saturday said on stage 1 the most important thing is airflow. Air is power, you just need to add the right amount of fuel to put it to use. With all the all mods in my sig I got 255bhp and he showed me dyno graphs on a cupra r with a badger 5 TIP and cone filter but not a decat exhaust that went from 250bhp to 270bhp when he stuck on the badger5 oversized TIP. My point is that as standard it appears that the engine is a lot more restrictive when trying to get air into the engine than trying to get it out and a decent filter and TIP will help with that

Last edited:

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
The best example is a member on dutch Seat Forum. He's driving around with 380BHP and uses the standard Cupra R airbox (only made the intake hole a bit bigger) with paper filter. He, as well as the tuner, were suprised to see the airfilter wasnt the restrictive part...

cupra_mike

Jan 30, 2011
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is a video on here somewhere that shows absolutely no gains from changing the air filter - search for straight through exhaust
It's for a diesel but interesting all the same

no bubble to burst, it could well be that my previous air filter which had seen much better days/ hadnt been cleaned and was tiny was holding the car back as once putting the new filter on it could breath again, but all im saying is i logged same night, same conditions before and after and gained 14 extra g/s with the jetex fitted, so there was either clearly an issue before (with my old filter) or the jetex has given me a good gain.