Which Arosa to get...

mp29

I have decided that, if i save up enough money, i will probably get an Arosa, i have been looking at lots of different threads and they seem to have more character than the Ibiza MK2's

Ideally i'd like to get a MK2 Arosa, but i am not sure if i would be able to afford one. During the next few months i aim to save about £1000 - £1200 for one

I'm not wanting to mod it in any way so nothing like that would be taken into consideration. lots of people here like the 1.4 TDi's which i would love !

Any opinions/photos/whatever else greatly appreciated :)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
MK2 arosa's tend to have nicer lines that the MK1's. Whilst I like the profiles on my MK1 bumper, they arent to everyones taste and alot of people smooth them out. The MK2's have nicer interiors and more extra's than the MK1 i.e. central locking ! However, you may find that there are Mods avaliable for the MK1 and most lupo or MK4 polo parts fit as long as the part numbers match up. Really in the end its down to personal choice and what style you like. Any sport versions are worth looking out for. Hope this helps you out a wee bit sugar.

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
You'll be looking at a 1.0L for this kinda money. 1.4 & TDI's are out of your leauge. However for an around town car a 1.0 is ideal

mp29

Thanks for your replies guys, i think i am limiting myself to 1.0's, there is a 1.7 sdi on auto trader for £1200-ish though which looks alright. Also expanding my search to the Lupo as well just to see what i can get for my money. the only thing that bothers me is whether i will be comfortable in one, im over 6ft and have rather long legs, dont know whether this wil make it too small a car or not ! is space in the back alright ? i appreciate that bootspace will be tiny but enough room for the back seats would be a bonus

deathhead

May 27, 2007
Portadown N.I
mines a 1.7 sdi, its my daily runner and get great value for money out of your fuel. Not the quickest car off the mark but fine once you get it going, although mines that low i cant drive it fast anyhow.

Dont be fooled by the smallness of the car, they feel alot bigger inside.

mp29

Cool. im glad that there are good reports over the 1.7 sdi, im quite keen on getting one. im going to ask my dad if we can go to a seat garage on one of his days off to check the sizes and comfort etc. so i can get a vague idea before i get excited about it !

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
Yes it would be a good idea to see if you'll fit in one first. The Polo/Ibiza have the same engines and low insurance and of course a bit more roomy for you.

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
For your money id say you wuold be looking for a mk1 or an early mk2 1.0 with high miles. The 1.0 engine does seem very robust, ive seem them with well over 150K miles on for sale, good for a small petrol engine.

My 1.0 is great, i love driving it, it handles well and its good on fuel too. Ive had my 03 reg one for 4 years now, ive had my problems with it (an new engine under warranty - thanks to an insanely thick Seat dealer) but apart from things causes by the dealer its been a great car.

My 02 reg TDi ive had for just over 2 years now, ive done 35K in that time and its never missed a beat, fantastic car and what an engine too! I love the fact its a tiny car but can keep up with the motorway reps, returns great economy and as standard its faster than a lot of other cars which you would think should be faster. Not that i race, but i dont hang about!

As you can tell, i like Arosas, so id say get one. When i wanted a bit nippier and more economical car than my 1.0, for motorway use, i looked at all sorts of small diesel cars. None of them i liked as much, so bought another arosa but the TDi.

Im 6,2" and i dont have any problems with room in the front of the arosas, there is more room than you would think. I often have 4 people in too (although this does mean moving my seat forward a tiny bit) there is enough room and the rear seats are very comfortable, as of course are the fronts, i could sit in them all day. The main problem is the boot, its tiny, but the seats do split fold and its got a square tailgate, so it still makes it kind of ok.

Ive been thinking about selling my TDi, but i really dont know what to replace it with, so i probably wont just yet!

Good luck with your search :)

T. Spark

So 1.4 TDi is the one to go for? Are they only avail. in MK2 platform and how much would they go for?

T. Spark

GF needs a car, and does mean I could be seen in it, if it had 100bhp+ :D

warren_cox

Back from the dead
My wife had a 1.0L Arosa, then a Lupo 1.4 16v 100PS.

12810013030.jpg

12810013091.jpg

The Lupo was very pokey around town as it was light, an absolute hoot to drive. But then we went in a 1.4TDi and it had so much more torque. With the better torque, MPG and resale we wish we had gone that route rather than with the petrol version. The petrol had a centre exit exhaust and rear discs (the diesel had a hidden exhaust pipe and rear drums). Other than that spec was much the same.

If you can affort it get a 1.4TDi!

T. Spark

They seem to be few and far between atm these cars, she saw a cheap one (1st car) Arosa 1.0 MPi jobbie for like a few hundred quid, whats al this MPi stuff about? Anything to look out for on a MK1?

I think in the future, I might look at getting her a 1.4TDi, map it, centre exhaust, lupo interior.

Not sure how much difference rear drums to rear discs would make? What do the 1.4TDi get mpg wise would people say? Torque?

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
For 1200 dont think you'l get anything other than a 1.0L Mk2. If you went for a Mk1, you could have any in this climate, just shop arround very very much so.

I went for the SEAT Arosa Sport as it was same as the lupo sport only half the price at the time and far less girlish! :funk:

Decide what engine you want and go from there :clap:

T. Spark

1.4TDi seems the one to go for IMHO.. however I aint forking out silly money for her, so she will get what she can with her money lol

AwesomeAl

Sales @ Awesome
Sep 17, 2008
NorthWest
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
I used to have a Lupo with a 1.4 TDI Engine.
Had a few minor engine mods at first (Upgrade air filter and hidden tailpipe stainless exhaust) Once remapped it ran 117.bhp and 195lb/ft !

Was an absolute hoot to drive! I miss that car more than any other car that I've ever had!
I managed to get 565miles out of a full tank aswel one weekend!

During the two and a half years that I owned the car not one thing went wrong with it!

T. Spark

I used to have a Lupo with a 1.4 TDI Engine.
Had a few minor engine mods at first (Upgrade air filter and hidden tailpipe stainless exhaust) Once remapped it ran 117.bhp and 195lb/ft !

Was an absolute hoot to drive! I miss that car more than any other car that I've ever had!
I managed to get 565miles out of a full tank aswel one weekend!

During the two and a half years that I owned the car not one thing went wrong with it!

Who remapped that!? lol! I was expecting 100bhp give or take, but had no idea of torques.

Anyway, found a local 1.4 TDi and going to look at it today me thinks, its booked at nearly £2k tho.. would people say in the current climate id be able to haggle that alot lower? Ive heard the 1.0 petrol does near on the same mpg, but obv price of petrol is alot cheaper? so might use that to blag it :D